Saturday, December 29, 2018

Gag Gifts

Every Christmas I have to come up with a gag gift for two men on my list.......my brother in Smiths Falls and a long-time friend of the family. Whatever I come up with for the one, I can give to the other. I start looking for ideas right after New Year's and the pressure is on for most of the year to come up with something.  I was afraid that this past year was going to be a failure because I still hadn't come up with an idea that I liked until November of this year. But then, inspiration finally arrived. I bought each of them a package of 12 rolls of toilet paper, printed out labels for each one, then wrapped each roll in clear cellophane before repackaging them in a box to gift wrap. Here is what they got.


I substituted the s--- word for a poop emoji. I had to print out 4 sets of labels because once my friend learned what I was doing, she asked me if she could have some labels to make two gifts of her own. It was a total success, and now the pressure is on again to outdo myself for next year.

For a couple of people, I put a can of beans and a can of Root Bear in a box with a note that said, "Have a Rootin' Tootin' Christmas"

Others got a boxed tool kit with an engineering flowchart to explain in which situations you might require one of the two "tools" in the kit.
 In some of the stockings, people found a small flashlight with a tag that read "May your days be merry and bright".
Some unwrapped a box that contained the original i pad........

Still others found these decorated containers of hand sanitizer. It is always fun for me to include a few punny jokes or gag gifts in stockings. I am always on the lookout for something different. 

So there you have the gag gifts I included in stockings for 2018. I hope that all of your days were merry and bright.


2 comments:

  1. Susan, those are such fun gifts! If my family/friends have another white elephant gift exchange, next year, I am going to borrow some of your ideas! I especially like the "original ipad" and the "engineering" gift! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless, I had a lot of fun preparing these gag gifts for people. The original i-pad went over really well. My dad took his over to my sister's house to show it off, and my son in BC had a photo taken of himself holding up his new Christmas gift. *laugh*

    ReplyDelete