Sunday, December 9, 2018

End of Another Week-end

I have come to the close of another week-end, but this time I am not feeling like I have accomplished much this past week. I am still in my "reflective mood". I don't recall having done anything from my cleaning list. I know I have made a few crafts, but mainly I have been thinking about my next projects. To sum up the week in a few words, I have been shopping and I have been taking naps on the couch in the afternoons (specifically Friday and Saturday). My friend in Palliative Care has had his family around him 24/7 over the weekend, and I expect a call at any time. I took out some groceries to the house yesterday but found their place completely empty. I now have the food in my fridge....waiting. I would normally make a casserole, but I don't have the ingredients in the house. So I went out yesterday to buy bread, milk, margarine, lunch meat, cheese, grapes and other things I could think of to make a quick lunch. When I am feeling anxious, I don't get much done.

Yesterday morning, when I went out to buy those few things, I also went to the Bulk Barn. I haven't been there in a very long time. I was able to pick up some ingredients to bake a few things this week. I have already made two batches of dog treats. (I only needed to buy a small bag of flour to use up ingredients I already had in my pantry) I also made my first batch of rice krispie squares. These will make up a gift for someone on my list, as he expects to receive them every Christmas. I am also going to attempt a batch of keto Christmas cookies to share, and maybe enjoy one or two of them myself. I also plan to make a batch of savoury bits and bites (or nuts and bolts) for gifting.

This afternoon I am colouring my own hair. I have watered the downstairs plants again. I started working on my mother's birthday present which I will not be sharing yet. And I have been looking on Pinterest for "elf on the shelf" ideas to share with my daughter. I have been doing a lot of on-line searching lately....maybe too much. Anyways, hope your weekend has been grand.
In lieu of a casserole, I will bring some lunch over to the house.

3 comments:

  1. (((HUGS))) Susan. I think you had a very productive week (and a busy weekend before that, getting the house decorated for your daughter and her family's visit); this weekend was a time for resting and keeping vigil for your friend. It must be even more poignant for you because of your own experience with your husband. I'm sure your friend's wife and family are very appreciative of you being there for them in very practical ways (bringing them lunch) and emotional support, as well. Take care of yourself at what is probably a rather stressful time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((HUGS))) Susan. I think you had a very productive week (and a busy weekend before that, getting the house decorated for your daughter and her family's visit); this weekend was a time for resting and keeping vigil for your friend. It must be even more poignant for you because of your own experience with your husband. I'm sure your friend's wife and family are very appreciative of you being there for them in very practical ways (bringing them lunch) and emotional support, as well. Take care of yourself at what is probably a rather stressful time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In fact, I am worried about several people right now. My husband's cousin (who I have also been sending cards and letters too all summer) is not good. My dad is very frail right now. My mom's dementia is progressing "at an alarming rate" according to the health team (she also has a cancer of the blood). My friend in palliative care I guess is still barely hanging on. A co-worker from the library that I worked, passed away from cancer last week, and that caught me totally unawares. And yes, it is happening during the time of year that had my husband so ill. It is hard, but so it is with many, many people at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete