Monday, May 23, 2016

Day Book: May 23/16

Outside my window.....it is a sunny and warm day. There are no clouds in the sky but my window is still dirty. I did not wash it this week like I intended. My front lawn needs to be mowed and trimmed.

I am thinking.....that I need to buckle down this week and get things done while my son and his GF are away. When they return, we are supposed to have a yard sale.

I am thankful for......sunny days with comfortable temperatures for getting work done outside.

From the kitchen.....I made another batch of doggie biscuits and homemade pizza yesterday afternoon. One of those pizzas I was able to freeze for a quick "take-out" meal later. Maybe one of those days I am busy outside pulling weeds, or a day when I have cleaned through a room and packed boxes of things I will get rid of. My counter still has flour on it from rolling out the pizza dough.

I am wearing.....dark denim capris, bright yellow button down camp shirt, and barefoot.

I am creating.....planters with the wave petunias I bought on Saturday.

I am going.....to Charleston Lake to visit with my friend who is house-bound due to her recent foot surgery.

I am reading......my favourite blogs and commenting on a few of them.

I am hoping.....I can maintain the self-discipline I need to lose a few pounds over the summer.

I am hearing.....a few cars passing the house (the window is open), the click-click of the dog's nails on the laminate flooring, and the sound of someone's whipper-snipper nearby as they are edging their lawn.

Around the house.....my Sweetie and I have loaded up the trailer once again with metal from the yard. ( For instance, there were the old appliances from the trailer that my son and his GF demolished last summer.) We will take these to the scrapyard tomorrow. We also pulled weeds in the veggie garden and he fixed our roto tiller so that I can plow later this afternoon. He repaired  a flat tire on our riding lawn mower and used it to cut part of the back property. Inside, I am barely keeping up with laundry, dishes, and making dinner. I need more energy, please.

One of my favourite things......this week, is my umbrella clothesline. I love being able to hang my laundry outdoors. Everything smells so delightful and the sun is a natural disinfectant.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include packing up some items from the house for the yard sale, and cleaning out some long neglected areas of the house. After the trailer is emptied, I'd like to bring in a load of compost or garden soil to add to our veggie garden before planting.

Here is a picture I am sharing.....



One of my planters.....Hope it fills out nicely. Looks kind of sad right now. 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I love petunias! I'll bet your planters will be filled with lovely flowers before long!

    Have you had your iron level tested recently? Maybe your lack of energy is caused by low iron levels?

    How is your friend recuperating? Did you have a nice visit?


    Thanks for doing a Day Book again, I love reading about your day in this format! Sorry I was so late commenting on it. It's been a long day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an appointment for next week with my doctor. It is for a complete physical.

    ReplyDelete