Tuesday, May 10, 2016

In the garden

I spent another three hours outdoors today. I planned to clean up our gravel driveway, but I didn't have the proper tools for the job. So I started to pull weeds around the backyard pond instead. I haven't finished yet. It is a huge job and I also need to pick up more vinegar to make my weed-killer. I also helped my Sweetie with putting together a metal frame for a gazebo we got from "Dee" last year from one of the Elliot Lake yard sales. We didn't get that finished either. Hopefully, tomorrow will remain clear and sunny.

I hung out a load of wash I did last night. I washed another dishwasher load of dishes since last night, and I cleaned the filters of the fish aquarium this morning. Three hours pulling weeds in the bright sun has tuckered me out. I will show you the garden spaces that I worked on yesterday in the front yard.

Pasque flower in the foreground and blue windflowers to the back.

This area still needs me to clean out the dead twigs of last year's growth of beebalm and common primrose, but the area is green with narcissus and allium. 

These daffodils are surrounded on one side by blooming aubrieta deltoids and later blooming lavender. 

I have both white and pink bleeding hearts . To the left you can see some globe thistle coming up. I want to thin these plants soon, and move some to the back. These are self-seeding and will soon take over this flower bed if I don't get rid of them. 

I have blue forget-me-nots growing in the lawn and in my driveway that I need to transplant back into my garden

Golden alyssum and blue deltoids

Grape hyacinths among the large spiky leaves of the yucca plants. 

2 comments:

  1. LOOK AT ALL YOUR FLOWERS! That's incredible! And me with my one vinca, hibiscus and rose, lol. Today I'll be posting some pictures of my flowering weeds (if they turned out).

    I can't believe all that you did on top of spending 3 hours in the garden. You must be exhausted.

    I looked up how to make vinegar because since I discovered your weed killer recipe, I've bought so much of it! Sadly, I think it's way easier for me to keep on buying it 3-4 gallons at a time from Save A Lot. That stuff works so well though, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, look at all my spring flowers. It was a shock coming back to all this colour, when there was hardly anything when we left.

    ReplyDelete