Wednesday, May 25, 2016

It is getting warmer and drier.

We emptied the trailer yesterday morning and this morning we filled it up again. This is mostly aluminum siding that still has wooden framing attached to it that we couldn't remove, so we were unable to take it to the scrapyard. There is also linoleum and plastics tossed in there. My son and his GF took several loads to the Transfer Station last year, but as you can see, there is still a lot left. Tomorrow we will load it down with some brick and tile, as we will have to pay the minimum weight charge anyway.There may be another load to go once my Sweetie cleans out his shed, but I think this will be the last one for this week. I would still like to bring in a yard of garden soil. We tested the roto-tiller this morning after my hubby fixed it the other day. The garden is so dry, we just sent up clouds of dust. We could use some rain. Notice the grass turning brown already, and it isn't yet June.

Our trailer is full already.

Piece of our back property where the trailer (camper) was demolished last year. 

Once I have raked up this area  (where the trailer stood for a couple of years) and remove the remaining bits and pieces of building debris,  I should be able to get in there to level it out, mow down the weeds in the background and lay some grass seed on it.

This is a little area that juts off the side of our backyard property. Once we cut down those dying apple trees, it should be a nice private lot for the tiny house. And no, nothing has been started yet this Spring on the construction. It will have to wait until after our yard sale early in June.

I have an appointment in town later this afternoon, so I have finished working outdoors. I've showered, washed my hair, and changed my clothes. I hung the dark load I washed last night, and I have another load of whites and lights to hang.

I made beef soup with the stock I made last night and  lots of bits and pieces of veggies from my freezer. I haven't got any brown rice and I didn't want to use barley or pasta, so I used quinoa as a filler, since it is considered a super grain high in protein. I have been eating oatmeal for breakfast and homemade soups for lunch. Dinner is the same as my husband, but I have turned down all desserts. Dinner tonight will be grilled Octoberfest sausage with baked potato (I will have sweet potato) and peas. Have a great evening.

 

2 comments:

  1. Look at all the clearing you've done!

    You're being so good with your food, turning down dessert and all that. Way to go. We're going to be so thiiiiiiiin! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thin, that when we turn sideways, we will disappear. Ha.

    ReplyDelete