Wednesday, May 4, 2016

I'm home again.

But just barely home. I arrived early this afternoon;so Nathalie, don't expect any comments on your blog because I won't be doing that until tomorrow. I haven't even unpacked the car yet. We made the trip across Canada to Northern Ontario in only four days. We spent the weekend at my Dad's house and rested. But I have to tell you about some "gifts" I received while I was there. On Friday night, we attended a trade show where I received a $10 gift certificate to Shoppers Drug Mart that was good only on Saturday. I used it to buy some food items. Free stuff.


Ten dollars bought this and a bag of potato chips which we ate the first night. 
I entered a few draws and was lucky enough to win a $25 gift certificate to another store in town. On Monday I went in to spend it all on merchandise. More free stuff. 

While I was away, I received my Sample Source package in the mail, filled with more freebies.


One Melitta coffee pod. large 90 gm Brookside dark chocolate, raspberry lemonade drink you mix with water for a full days multi vitamin, sample of dog food, two new VH sauces to make butter chicken and teriyaki, Qia protein bar, samples of breathe right strips, coupon for free box of Catelli super green pasta, and a few high value coupons . I love getting free stuff in the mail. 
And need I remind you all that my husband received my son's Dodge Caravan to drive us home. Today, he got a list of what needs to be changed out before it can be certified and the emissions test before licencing. And I received my Dad's Dodge Caravan for myself. The appointment for my emissions test and safety is next Tuesday. Two free vehicles came at the best time, as our Jeep finally gave up the ghost just before I left for my trip to Egypt. It is only costing us the price of registering ownerships, the emissions tests,  the cost of parts and labour to certify the vehicles, and new plates. They should last us for several more years.

While in Elliot Lake, I went to a few yard sales as well. I will share my treasures with you later in the week, after I have unpacked.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, you're home safely! Welcome home :) I'm so glad you're both OK and you got your new vehicles... and look at all your other freebies too! You seem to be getting way better freebies from SampleSource than I do. I want yours, lol!

    Take care, Susan!

    ReplyDelete