Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Day Book - Tuesday, May 17/16

I am writing a day book today as a response to a challenge made by Natalie at Imperfectly Frugally.

Outside my window......It is a lovely sunny day with a slight breeze. (great clothesline drying day). I see my front lawn freshly mowed from yesterday and I see my front porch railing that needs painting. There are daffodils that are finished blooming for the season and the flower heads need to be removed.  I also see a dirty window that needs washing.

I am thinking.....that it is always easy for me to see the work that needs doing. Why don't I have the energy and motivation to do?

I am thankful for.......good friends, and of course my family.

From the learning rooms......my Sweetie checked You Tube for videos on how to change out the wheel cylinder and muffler on the year and model of his "new to him" van, so he can finish the work needed to get the safety done on his vehicle this week. He is a mechanic but each vehicle can have different ways of taking apart its components. I have bookmarked a video series on building a tiny home and I have become lost on pinterest looking at different homemade cards.

From the kitchen....I have unloaded the dishwasher and started loading back up again. I removed everything from the counters and scrubbed them down with my Miracle Wash. I also washed the fronts of the lower cabinet doors.

I am wearing.....jeans, bright pink T-shirt, pale pink short sleeved button down shirt and black socks. I have worn this two days in a row. It has been cool these past few days.

I am creating.....a mess in the dining room. I emptied the closet under the stairs and pulled everything out into the dining room. I don't want to put anything back unless it belongs there, and there are many bins that I need to go through first.

I am going.....nowhere today, I don't think. But I am making up lists of things I need to pick up IF we go into town. I also have sorted through some recycling and bagged it up to take to the recycling plant.

I am reading.....nothing at the moment. I am not a big reader of novels. I do read when I am on vacation however. The last book I finished was Missing Joseph by Elizabeth George.

I am hoping......I can get outside today to pull a few weeds.

I am hearing.....traffic passing our house. We live on the main street through town, which is also a major highway. I also hear my son using the whirlpool tub upstairs.

Around the house......I have two loads of laundry drying on the line outside. Both cats and the dog are sleeping. I have four kitchen cabinet doors in the dining room that needs the adjustable hinges removed. We don't need the doors, but we (or the tiny house) might need the hinges in a future project. I might use the door panels to make some outdoor signs for the garden, for myself or as a gift to someone.

One of my favourite things........right now, is my Contigo water bottle. It was a gift to me from my DIL in Vancouver while I was out there. It is spill proof and holds a liter of water at a time.

A few plans for the rest of the week........I have some personal phone calls to make in the next couple of days. My son and his GF are leaving Friday for two weeks in California. While away, the GF will be celebrating her birthday, so I will fix a birthday supper for her tomorrow. Fortunately, I made all those cards before I left for Vancouver. We've had six birthdays and Mother's Day since we've come back. Whew!
There is always OUTDOORS work to be done.

Here is a picture I am sharing....


Cookies my daughter made for her son's fifth birthday (theme was LEGO police)



3 comments:

  1. I love it! Join me and do this every week?! I have a much clearer picture of your life right now, right now to your black socks, lol.

    Susan, in my last comment to you I said you probably don't give yourself enough credit for all that you do and I think this is a clear proof of it! Maybe you feel dissastified with your work because you notice things more than I do? I don't think I would have noticed (or cared much) about the dirty window. Also, I have had "wipe down the cabinet doors in the kitchen" on my to-do list for months and I still haven't done it. It's the kind of thing I start caring about only when we have visitors, which is almost never, thankfully.

    The cookies are terrific! My sons would have loved to have those when they were little, especially my youngest who is a LEGO fiend. Did she have a special cookie cutter? I want to make them for him as a surprise now. I'm going to save your picture to my hard drive for the next time I have the energy to make some!

    Have your son and GF gotten started on their tiny home yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can join you every Monday morning with a Day Book. Sounds much easier than Domestic Monday. *laugh*, although if I didn't have that, I think I would get even less done. I could do a Day Book and then tell you all about my Domestic Monday, on Tuesday. Sound fair?

    ReplyDelete