Sunday, March 22, 2020

Busy Social Life

Last night my dad and "Dee", my sister and her husband, and myself played TV Bingo. In the past, one of us would host the event and serve dinner afterwards. Two weeks ago I went out and bought tickets for the following 3 weeks and last weekend we played in our own homes, but we played "together" by using a conference call on Facebook Messenger. Last night we did the same thing, but I got myself all dressed up with makeup, fancy clothes and sparkly earrings like I was going out on the town. It was actually a lot of fun and I had to laugh at my family's reaction. I even poured myself a glass of red wine for the occasion.

Today was full of visits, both on-line and by telephone. I am pretty much caught up with everyone in my circle of friends. I gave myself permission to enjoy a nice relaxed day without any thoughts of cleaning OR crafting. I even turned on the television this evening to watch a 2 hour special on Gordon Lightfoot...one of my favourite songwriters. I made a loaf of bread and I am now washing a load of dishes whilst writing on the laptop. See, I can do two things at once. Ha,ha.

Tomorrow, I plan to shovel off my back deck. It will be fresh air and exercise, which I haven't had any of in the past week. It will also provide a space outside where I can go and sit during the week when I am feeling like I want to enjoy some sunshine and fresh air. This is what it looks like now.

It may look like a lot of snow to some of you, but in fact, quite a lot of it has been melting the past two weeks. Hopefully, it will look much more bare tomorrow. Hope your weekend was grand and everyone is staying put and staying well.


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a nice evening of Bingo with the family and visiting with the rest of the family and with friends over the weekend, Susan, complete with sparkly earrings and a glass of wine! Never let it be said that you don't know how to have fun! I'm glad you gave yourself a day off, today!

    Have fun shoveling all that snow! Yes, it looks like a lot of snow to me! Take care of yourself and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally, I would let nature take care of the snow removal. But I do remember that some days in the Spring can get very warm, with snow still on the ground. It would be nice to have somewhere to sit out when those days finally arrive. It also gives me an excuse now to get out in the fresh air and get some exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are finding a way to still connect with your family and friends and sounds so fun! To dress up with a glass of wine for Bingo!!! Your snow looks beautiful just be careful out tidying it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking the snow (more like blocks of ice) off the deck was harder work than I thought it would be. I spent maybe a total of one hour outside today, but did it in a couple of shifts. So yes, I am taking it easy and being more careful.

    ReplyDelete