Monday, March 30, 2020

Daybook: Monday, Apr. 30/20

Outside my window.....it is cloudy, but mild. The snow banks are melting down quite quickly these days.

I am thinking.....that I am starting my third week indoors today, and I am still doing well with my last grocery shop. "Dee" had some groceries delivered to her house today.

I am thankful for.....those people who are heeding the message of our public health system, and staying indoors to physically isolate.

From the kitchen.....I prepared another loaf of bread, shredded another cabbage and made a cream cheese sauce on the weekend.

I am wearing.....blue jeans with a deep red pullover top. I needed to add more colour to my wardrobe this week.

I am creating.....no additional cards, but I have been writing notes of encouragement inside the Spring cards I have already made. I want people to know that while they are in confinement, I am thinking of them and cheering on their success.

I am going.....nowhere again this week, or the next for as long as possible.

I am hoping.....for the best for my sister who was called this morning from another doctor's office, to report tomorrow morning in Sudbury again. I will be dog-sitting little Rocky in their absence.

I am hearing.....nothing but my mantle clock.  I don't have music or TV on right now. Lately, I have been listening to one or the other.

Around the house.....I have Spring cleaning chores I could be doing, but my heart isn't in to it. I took my canister vacuum cleaner completely apart to give it a deep clean, including the filters and the power bar. It is all ready to begin work when I am. I did 3 loads of laundry on the weekend, including my bed sheets. I cleaned and disinfected my main bathroom, including the tub. I hope to soon settle down to work.

One of my favourite things.....this week is working with some new stencils I received in the mail recently. I am doing some ink blending with these stencils to create new and unique backgrounds for my card-making.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....involve rounding up some trivia questions for a virtual "Trivia Night at the Pub" for this Saturday night. We just finished our 3rd week of TV Bingo, and as we don't have any more tickets for the coming weeks, I will read out trivia questions during a teleconferencing on Saturday night. The team that gets the most correct answers will have bragging rights for the week. Each couple will wear tops in the same colour to represent their team (eg. red team, blue team) and the contestants will have to BYOB (bring your own booze) to the "Pub". My brother in Smiths Falls and my son in Kingston both want an invite.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....

Mother Nature's handiwork. Since Friday, I have not ventured out at all. The rest of the snow and ice on the top deck is pretty much all gone now.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Look at how snow-free your deck is! Trivia night at the pub sounds like it'll be lots of fun! Hope your 3rd week of staying home goes well, Susan. You are an inspiration to us all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trivia night should be lots of laughs. Apparently we can have up to 6 screens on our teleconferencing face-time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trivia night at the pub sounds fun and such a good idea!! It will be fun to change it up too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have reminded me to get on it. Here it is Thursday morning and I haven't started yet. Good Golly!

    ReplyDelete