Friday, March 20, 2020

No Housework, Just card-making

I received an on-line order through the mail earlier this week. I got a cute little bunny stamp, a new embossing folder, and 2 new stencils. I had to try them out, didn't I? To challenge myself a little bit with this year's Easter cards for the kids, I have made a few fancy fold cards.

 This is called a zig-zag card. I used my new bunny stamps to make 2 of these cards.
Here is another zig-zag using some diecuts.
The first example is called a flip-fold card (I made two of these also) and the second example is an easel card. You cannot see very clearly, but the dog is wearing a set of bunny ears. The little verse is raised off the inside page to provide a stop for the front panel to stand upright (like an easel)
Another example of an easel card and the little lamb is on a flap fold card.
One of the stencils I received is a gingham stencil, which I absolutely adore. I inked the stencil in blue to make a card for a very young recipient, and the green one I made into a slightly more sophisticated card. I send out 14 cards to grandkids, nephews and nieces. I also made up some Springtime cards for adults, but won't show them here now. I posted the kids' cards because they don't read my blog.

Otherwise, the only things I did today was text and facetime family and friends. I also made a friendship card and wrote a letter to someone who has been on my mind for a few weeks now. She is not doing well at all.

I ate a cup of cottage cheese for breakfast today, instead of eggs. A few days ago, I removed a container of homemade soup to make room in my freezer. I have been eating that for my lunches along with a couple of slices of keto bread. Since I finished up the last of the pork roast last night, I ate a meatless supper tonight. I finished up the creamed cabbage I made 3 nights ago along with some avocado slices. I thought it tasted pretty good. I try to limit my news viewing to the TV updates on the corona virus from our Federal government ministers at noon. That is enough to keep me up to date, without feeling overwhelmed. Tomorrow night is TV Bingo and we will be on a conference call during the game.  Like last week, we will be having a virtual visit. How is your weekend shaping up?

6 comments:

  1. Those cards are so cute! My favorite is the flap fold one with the lamb.

    Sounds like you are doing well with your meal planning. :) I might make a batch of soup, next week. It's supposed to be cold and rainy; good weather for soup, I think.

    You have a fun evening planned for tomorrow! I don't have any plans for the weekend. Maybe I'll set up my sewing machine and work on finishing one of the quilts in progress.

    Have a good weekend, Susan. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making cards for the kids is so much fun. I don't have very many images or spring sentiments, so I try to be creative in other ways.

      I told the family this morning that I was going to get dressed up for our Bingo night. I have put on make-up, perfume, earrings, and a glitzy top. I may or may not wear pants. Who will know? I will have a glass of red wine by my Bingo cards and dabber when they phone.

      Delete
  2. Your cards are fantastic!
    I am bored and TheHub is bored but I did see where some studios are going to release streaming options for some movies that were still in the theaters. Next Friday night I am going to order one, fix popcorn, turn out the lights and have an official movie night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are inspiring Anne. Because I found your description of "dinner in" so adorable, I plan on having some fun as well. I love the idea of dinner by candlelight and soft music, by Alexa, playing softly in the background. But since I live alone, it wouldn't have the same panache. So I am getting dolled up for my virtual visit tonight. At least people will be aware of the effort put into the evening. Good idea for movie night as well. I hear that drive-in theatres are becoming a thing again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your cards are adorable and I know they will be well received!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Diana. I know kids love to receive their own mail, and I love making these.

    ReplyDelete