Thursday, March 19, 2020

Housework and Card Making

"Dee" , my sister and myself have begun each day since we have stayed indoors self isolating, with a conference face time call.   It is the time we check in with each other and make plans for the day. I just realised now that it was the last time I uttered a word to anyone today. I didn't make any other phone calls.

I was finished in the kitchen with my food prep, so there were no excuses not to begin vacuuming through the house. Again I worked my way through the living/dining area, the kitchen and hallway, stopping short of the last two bedrooms. I did sweep up and vacuum the closet that used to hold the shower.

It has been a long time since I have done any crafting. In fact, it has been weeks and I need to get back at it so I can finish off the Easter cards I started. I asked Alexa to play some songs by Cat Stevens while I worked and before I knew it, it was 6 PM. I warmed up some cabbage in cream sauce and the last of my pork roast. (It lasted me 3 nights). My days of confinement seem to whiz right by. I still have not watched any TV in the evenings, but I do catch up with news on my laptop and play a few games of solitaire (Spider) while Alexa plays some Enya or Simon and Garfunkle. Tomorrow I should check up on some of my friends to see how their days are going.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very good way to start the day with face timing with "Dee" and your sister. You've had a very productive day. I, on the other hand, have been stressing and procrastinating! Need to put an end to that and get going, tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also find it hard to normalise into a routine, but if I use my nervous energy into crafts, it is relaxing. I may not accomplish much on the Domestic Arts front, but think of all the Christmas gifts I could be making during this confinement. I could really get ahead. *laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am feeling trapped now and am more than ready for some social interaction. If the weather is nice Sunday afternoon I am going to ask my neighbors if they want to have a street party. I figure everyone could bring their lawn chairs and we could all maintain the proper distance from each other, but still socialize. Our community is having a scavenger hunt for kids who are out walking with their parents. Every 2 days they (whoever they are!) ask us to put something different on our door or window. Right now there is a sketch of a funny face on my front door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that "they" have suggested putting something different in your window or on your door every two days. I have seen on the news, that children cooped up inside the house have been painting murals on the front windows of their houses. I love that idea as well. "Dee" has bought a personal face shield, like the ones used in isolation wards in hospitals. When she needs to answer the door (eg. to sign for a registered parcel), she wears the shield. She has drawn eyebrows and a huge red smile on it. We need small amusements to alleviate our cabin fever. It helps that we still have winter here. It would be far worse if the weather was fine like yours.

    ReplyDelete