Friday, January 22, 2016

BOGO sale

 After the Costco pick-up this morning, we drove over to Rona to look at the laminate flooring that is on sale this week only. They didn't have a lot of bundles to do big jobs, but we did find these 12 packages that should be more than enough to finish the bedroom floor and closet. If we don't use them all, we can return the unused packages. I think we will be keeping them all for $320.  My Sweetie and I both liked the distressed look of this floor. Each plank is 12 mm thick and works out to $1.60 a square foot.
We bought the laminate flooring. Buy one, get one for 50% off.

We brought them back to the house to unload them from the Jeep. My husband had an appointment in the Doppler unit at Kingston General Hospital this afternoon, so I sent him with a list for No-Frills grocery shopping on his way back. There were quite a few loss leaders at several of the grocery stores, and I could have spent over my budget to get some crazy deals, but I decided in the end to just buy a few things I am running low on to get me through the end of the month. I had $58.25 remaining from my $300 budget. I also have almost half of my Shoppers' gift card still available. These few items cost me $15.59, so I may be below budget this month by $42.66 That will help me pay back some of the renovation funds. Every little bit....and all of that. 

Some groceries to last the week $15.59

10 lbs. russet potatoes $2.97
Frozen broccoli florets $2.97
Cascade 25 packs $5.97 (sale)
No-name 100 tea bags $1.97
Campbells tomato soup 2 for .88 (sale)

Have a wonderful weekend. I am hoping mine will be more productive than the last few days. 

5 comments:

  1. i've never priced laminate flooring but this sounds like a good deal to me and i like the color as well. well done all around, and you're coming in under budget with your groceries as well! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great that I am coming in under budget. Like I said, I could have spent it ALL; but I love the feeling of having some money left over.

      Delete
  2. I have laminate in the downstairs of my house and its so easy to just hoover and wash the floor after.
    Great buy well done! I really like the distressed look they didn't have that when we bought ours quite a few years ago xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laminate is a great product...especially if you are a dog owner. Their claws can't scratch it, and it cleans up very well. Carpet is warmer, but at this stage of our lives, I do like laminate.

      Delete
    2. I like laminate too for similar reasons the kids can make a mess and its so easy to clear up. Xx

      Delete