Monday, January 18, 2016

Monday's activities

On Friday morning, a good friend of mine loaned me a rubber stamp of hers that I think is adorable. I used it to make three more cards for my grand kids and young nephews. That finished up all ten of them. I was able to write a message inside each one of them so they are ready to mail out when the time approaches.I also made my own envelopes and addressed them all. Making these holiday cards does not save me money, but rather allows me to be able to send out all of these cards that I normally would not be able to afford to do. It is also a lot of fun.  
Made some more valentines with cupig. I already had the background stamp with the arrows.

We did some more renovation work in the bedroom but not all that I hoped. We ran into some snags which is always the way when you are renovating an old house. 

I also did up some laundry and made a chicken vegetable soup that will last me all week for lunches. Yes, those are still my Christmas dishes I am using. But they are gold snowflakes on a red background, so I will keep them out until the end of February. 
Simmered a big pot of chicken vegetable soup with leftover veggies from the weekend

Another trip to Shopper's Drug Mart on my gift card

Today I went to Amherstview with my Sweetie when he had to pick up another prescription refill. I went to the bank to deposit my "found money" and then paid another visit to Shopper's. I  found another gift card in an old purse that still had over $8 on it, so I spent that first. The loaves of bread and the cottage cheese had peelies on them and the fish sticks were on sale, so I had lots of savings. I still have half of my $50 GC available for the rest of the month. 

Tonight I made cabbage roll casserole with the last of the cabbage I bought over a week ago. This will provide lots of leftovers. Have a great weekend and stay warm.  

3 comments:

  1. "Cupig", I love it!

    Your Christmas dishes are beautiful. Love that red background with the gold snowflakes. The soup looks yummy!

    I love that you found $8 on a gift card in an old purse! Don't forget to count this as part of your "found money" this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya'. I didn't think of it as "found money", as it didn't go into my change jar. It originally came out of my grocery budget to be spent on bread and milk for sometime in the past. So indeed it is found money for this month's grocery budget, or I could remove the $8 from the budget and put it in my change jar. Hmmmm. Never thought about that until you presented it to me Nathalie. You're so smart.

      Delete
  2. Your Valentines cards are great! I love the "Cupig." haha. Very nice, Susan. :)
    Your dishes are very pretty- I would be tempted to use them year round! :)

    ReplyDelete