Monday, January 11, 2016

My haul from Michael's
It is cold this Monday morning. Almost feels like winter. I accompanied my Sweetie to his clinic appointment this morning which involved another X-ray of his lungs. They want to see him in two weeks again after making a few changes in his prescriptions. He is feeling so much better lately. 

On the way home I stopped at Michael's to spend one of my gift cards I received for Christmas. I made the most of my gift card by buying all my paper clearanced at 50% off or more. It might not look like much, but that paper represents a lot of projects in my future. I bought a rubber stamp for Valentine's Day for only $1.50, another two brand new blades for my Fiskars paper trimmer and a set of Stampendous flower stamps that I have been wanting to buy for over a year now. I took the plunge today because I found them AND because I had a 50% off coupon for any regular priced item. Thank you very, very much family in B.C. You know who you are. I love it. 

A knitting project

I am not a knitter. I am self taught. I hold my needles funny (apparently). I don't know how to read a pattern. But mostly, I don't know how to correct my knitting mistakes. I have not got much to show you here because I have already torn the whole thing apart once already. I don't want to jinx myself but I will show you what I have done so far. The wool was free. It was given to me, and the pattern was printed from the Web. It will be an infinity scarf hopefully when it is done. I would like to accomplish at least two Xmas presents a month this year. More is better, but I will aim for two. 

I found out today that my presence will not be requested for my mother next week. My sister and step-sister have decided that they can look after my mom between the two of them. They feel that my time should be at home looking after my husband here. So until I hear from them again, I will stay put. I have lots of projects that need my attention here. 

My dad and D------ are back from Mexico, thankfully. He has a doctor's appointment tomorrow. His last few days on holiday were much better than the first few days, but I can see where he has lost a lot of weight due to his illness. Hopefully, he is on the mend. 

I didn't accomplish too much yesterday. I made more dog biscuits. I rested. We ate leftovers for dinner, so no cooking. Just a lazy Sunday afternoon. Hope your weekend was terrific. 

4 comments:

  1. You did very well with your Michael's gift card! I love that you strive to get things on sale so you can stretch that card as much as you can, instead of just blowing it on full price items!

    I cannot believe that you are self-taught in knitting. That piece you posted looks very difficult! I have tried knitting a couple of times but I'm not patient enough and, like you, I wouldn't know how to fix mistakes. I hope your scarf comes out great! Having seen your other crafts, I'm sure it will. You just have a knack for those things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my scarf turns out as well. If I make a mistake now, I don't want to have to tear it apart again. I think I would just try to "fix it" somehow and keep it for myself. When it comes to making gifts it would be easier to stick with something I know. But I like to try new things. And it wasn't that long ago when I didn't know how to make a scrapbook, or make cards, or do simple woodworking. I think being frugal includes learning new skills so that you can DIY.

      Delete
  2. It's so nice to hear that everyone is feeling a little better and you got a chance to shop and relax a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley,
      It really was a good time for me. I love shopping for craft supplies "with other peoples' money" Ha.

      Delete