Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Daybook: Tuesday, Aug. 30/16

I wasn't home yesterday. We woke up at 5 A.M. and didn't get home until 5 P.M. yesterday, and the day was rather exhausting. My Sweetie had an appointment in Toronto to see his vascular surgeon. It has been one year since his aneurysm was repaired. Good news! It has shrunk even more since the 6 month check-up. Also,  we stopped in Cobourg on the way back to see my step-dad still in hospital. We got to wheel him outside into the courtyard for a little while. I don't think he has been outside in the fresh air since he left for the hospital by ambulance all those weeks ago. When we got home I just made a package of Kraft Dinner (boxed mac and cheese) for supper.

It is now Tuesday afternoon. I slept most of the night with a headache until 5 A.M., at which point I came downstairs to take two extra strength Tylenol and then slept on the couch until 9:30 this morning. I slept through everyone waking up and coming downstairs and walking through the living room. My tummy feels a little queasy, so I have not done much of anything except drink iced tea and read my email and pay bills on-line. I will NOT be working in the Craft Room today.

Outside my window.....It is a sunny day with no humidity. It is a perfect summer afternoon. The rains (about 3 of them) in the past two weeks have revived some of the grass. I could actually cut it this week I think.

I am thinking.....that it would be lovely to work outdoors if I were feeling better. There is so much outdoor work to do.

I am thankful for.....spell check. My fingers these days seem to have a "memory" of their own and they want to auto-correct everything I am thinking, with the result that I am misspelling so many words. How can this be?

From the kitchen......I have some bread pudding and banana muffins left over from baking on the weekend; but there won't be enough to last until the end of the week. Maybe I will bake cookies tomorrow morning before 11 A.M. We brought back half an egg salad sandwich yesterday that I ate for lunch today, with a little bread pudding. I didn't take anything out of the freezer this morning so supper may be breakfast for dinner, or leftover chili con carne from Sunday night. Right now I don't feel like cooking anything. Maybe I will eat some toast.

I am wearing..... a white T-shirt and the new denim capris with the rolled cuffs that I bought on the Girls' weekend in Watertown.

I am creating.....a new organized Crafting space with lots of storage (I hope)

I am going.....grocery shopping some time this week with September's food budget.

I am hoping.....everything goes well with the move out of my mom's Retirement Home this week. A truck has been arranged and a storage unit has been rented. My sister will post some of the larger items on Kijiji and plans to hold a yard sale sometime this Fall for the rest. As long as the warmer weather holds out, it shouldn't be a problem having a sale this late in the year.

I am hearing.....sounds of traffic on the highway outside our front door, and the barking of the dogs (three of them) in the back yard.  Our neighbours in the back are moving out today. All the activity of moving stuff out of the house into the moving truck has them all excited.

Around the house....work is calling out to me, but I feel too exhausted to care. I want to nap.

One of my favourite things.....today is the lovely breeze blowing through the house through the open windows. It is making me think of  my favourite season of the year, which is Fall.

A few plans for the rest of the week......includes a date with two of my friends to go to the Deseronto Tea House this coming Saturday. Also, my Sweetie and I were going to take a trailer load of yard scrap to the Transfer station this morning. But, I wasn't feeling up to it, and the back yard is being occupied by those people moving out. So we will be doing that later this week, and then we will take a load of branches and scrub to the composting centre. So outdoor work is in my future.

Here is a picture I am sharing.....our back yard with the truck stretched across. See how the grass is coming back to life. That was brown and dusty only two weeks ago.

2 comments:

  1. What a long and tiring day but I'll bet your husband was thrilled to get good news (and you too!) so that made it worth it. I'm sorry you had such a bad headache.

    I'm grateful for Spell Check too. I don't realize how much I depend on it on my phone, until I have to type something on my Kindle and the Spell Check doesn't magically change my nonsense to actual words... hahaha.

    I hope your mom's move goes well. At least you got to visit with your stepdad and I'm sure he was appreciative of being able to be outside for a spell, especially since the day was as nice as what you described.

    There was an article in the headlines yesterday about a Canadian couple who had been forced to live apart after 62 years of marriage and who was upset about it and and I thought about your mom and stepdad.

    3 dogs? I thought you only had 1? Do you really have three or were you talking about a neighbor's dog?

    And is that the neighbors' truck in your backyard? I'm sorry, I'm a little slow tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I wasn't clear. I told you I wasn't feeling up to snuff. Our backyard.....their moving van, their three dogs. Should I feel relieved that they are gone???

    ReplyDelete