Monday, August 1, 2016

Daybook: Monday August 1st

Happy Civic Holiday Monday. It is 5 o'clock dinner time and I am just getting around to writing a blog post.

Outside my window.....it is a very hot, dry and breezy afternoon. We have a lot of traffic outside on the highway.

I am thinking....of what to have for dinner.....maybe chicken breasts, roasted potatoes and green peas.

I am thankful for......making the long driving trip on Saturday and getting back safely.

From the kitchen.....I have prepared another harvest of burgundy beans today. I need to make another batch of dog biscuits, but it may have to wait until tomorrow.  All the kitchen compost has been taken out to the garden composter. Two loads of dishes have been put away from the dishwasher.

I am wearing.....royal blue capris and a white printed T-shirt.

I am creating.....nothing today. My son and his girlfriend are painting river rocks as plant markers.

I am going.....to bed early tonight, I hope.

I am hoping.....the doctors can do something for my Sweetie's shoulder after this last accident of his. He sees the GP tomorrow morning.

I am hearing.....Dragon's Den (Canadian version of Shark Tank) on the TV. I have the window fan blowing beside me here while I am on the computer, but I can still hear the heavy stream of traffic returning from a long Holiday weekend.

Around the house.....I have emptied the litter box, picked up garbage and placed outside and I have sorted all the recyclables and taken them outdoors to their respective bins. I have been trying to catch up on phone calls and email from Friday.

One of my favourite things.....this week was the birthday party for my granddaughter turning seven. I love being with my grandchildren and I was in awe of all the work my daughter did to make this party a success. The kids are lucky they have such a creative mom who makes all of their parties memorable. She does all the baking and decorating herself. She even made the pinata this year.

A few plans for the rest of the week.......are not yet thought of.

Here is a picture I am sharing.........of the harvest today











3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great time with your family and got home safely. How were your mom and stepdad?

    How lovely that you got to harvest some veggies? Now that my tomato plants are pretty much done for, the only things to harvest are jalapeƱos and Ichiban eggplants. I've harvested but stuck everything in the fridge where it's getting wrinkly. I know, I know, you're going to yell at me. Go ahead. I need my butt kicked.

    I hope your husband hears good news at the doctor's tomorrow.

    Have a great week, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not yelling at you. The sound you hear is your own guilty conscience. *laugh* I am off to read your blog posts now. I have been busy since I have come back, but I really, really don't know with what. I don't seem to have anything to show for it. I will talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arrghm I knew that I had forgotten to add a task to my to-do list today! I have got to do this but tomorrow it grocery shopping day so it'll have to wait until Thursday now.

      Off to read your other comments!

      Delete