Monday, January 9, 2017

I've lost my Mojo



 I started a Daybook Monday. I was going to write a Goals Update. I ended up doing neither. But it is the end of the evening, so I will need to do another short update to let everyone know that things are okay. I am just tired and feeling sorry for myself.

I took another day off from going in to see my Sweetie in hospital. I thought I would use the day constructively to catch up on all those things that need doing. I started with emptying the dishwasher and then I went straight to my Craft Room to make and write a birthday card for my grand daughter, using a background mat I constructed with scraps of papers (as was one of my goals for using up craft materials that I already possess). I phoned the Heart Failure Clinic to cancel my husband's appointment for tomorrow afternoon. I wrote out a cheque for a bill that came in the mail (not a monthly expenditure). I made a chicken veggie soup for lunch and read some emails and blog posts. I walked to the post office to mail the cheque and the card. It had pretty much snowed here all morning, and now the wind had picked up and it was very blustery and the roads were nasty. I was glad I had decided not to drive into town today. My son and his GF took both cats to the apartment last night, leaving the dog and myself quite alone.

Meanwhile at the hospital, the levels of Advagraf in my husband's system are coming down. (I thought it had reached a maximum of 12 but in actual fact, it reached upwards of 19) They want his level at 2. I don't know at what level it is presently, but they are re-introducing the anti-rejection drug again this evening. The urine sample they took last Tuesday when he entered Emergency is now growing a culture (???), and Internal medicine has found "something" on his heart valve. They are going to do yet another echo cardiogram. So I lay down on the couch this afternoon and slept ALL afternoon. The wind has temporarily left my sails. I don't feel like doing anything right now, so I will probably go to bed early and sleep some more. Tomorrow will be a brand new day.




11 comments:

  1. (((HUGS))) I hope you get all the sleep you need. It sounds like you're going to have some trying times ahead. I'm sorry about that, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nathalie, I got lots of sleep last night. I got up at 7 this morning, checked the weather and decided I wasn't going in today either. I got a lot accomplished that I wanted. I am feeling better prepared for the fight.

      Delete
  2. Lots of love and hugs, Susan. That all sounds like a lot. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. I stayed home again because of the weather. My Sweetie is in the best place right now and he knows it. I am finished feeling sorry for myself and ready to get on with it.

      Delete
  3. Sending you hugs and prayers, Susan. Hope all will be well. You did as much as you could. Tomorrow is, indeed, a brand new day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bless. My Sweetie has a plethora of doctors and medical professionals looking after him right now. I am sure they will get to the bottom of this. Sounds like he will be given some antibiotics soon.

      Delete
  4. New reader here...I'm so sorry about everything going on right now Susan! Hopefully the additional sleep will help you gather the strength you need. Hugs and well wishes to you and your Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you TrayceeBee. I really did need a break from all of it. It is really hard to keep someone's spirits up when yours are in the dumper. But I am well rested today and ready to go.

      Delete
  5. Do what you can and don't push yourself too hard. Sometimes you just have to sleep if that's what your body is telling you that you need. Taking care of yourself is important too. It's exhausting being a caregiver to someone you love. Somethings can be let go but taking care of yourself should never be one of them. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. When my Sweetie went into the hospital, I no longer was the sole caregiver. I wanted to be able to step back and let someone else take over, but I felt guilty if I didn't show up to keep him company every single day. I have given myself permission to stay home occasionally to look after things at home, and to look after my needs.

      Delete
    2. That's good. You need the rest and to be able to get things done. You know they are watching out for him at the hospital. Take care.

      Delete