Friday, January 20, 2017

Thursday update

Most of my family and friends do not go to my blog. They get my posts sent directly to their in-box, so they do not see any of the comments that are made. As I did not post anything yesterday because my Sweeties' day continued until 10 PM, I will copy and paste the comment I made to Nathalie this morning.



I didn't go in yesterday. First of all, they moved my husband again. His new room mate had an infection, so they moved my husband out of his room. Then they wheeled him off to Radiology to have another ultrasound done of the kidney. He was gone for an hour and a half, and when he got back, he was extremely sore "in his gut". Then they had him hooked up to an IV with some medicine to help "thicken up his blood" after thinning it too much with the Warfarin. They wanted it thickened so they could do another kidney biopsy. In the end, they didn't do the biospy, but he was taken down to Radiology to have the CVC put in his neck for dialysis. All the while, they were having to give him pain medication every four hours. He was extremely tired and groggy, and by now it was quite late in the day, so there was no sense going in to see him. Around suppertime, they decided to send him to Dialysis. They did not remove any fluid. They just cleaned his blood. He was back in his room at 10 PM. He had a very tiring day. 

So I am off to the hospital this morning. They are going to do the kidney biopsy sometime today and I would like to be there for that. I may have more information at the end of this day. 

1 comment:

  1. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. Hope everything will go well today. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete