Monday, January 2, 2017

Daybook: Monday, January 2/17

Outside my window.....the day is really sunny. There is water dripping from the eaves of the verandah from snow melting on the roof. Normally, I would be tempted to bring in my outdoor Christmas decorations, but I am still sick with this cold. Maybe I will just pull out the plugs from the timers so they no longer turn on at dusk.

I am thinking.....that I need to rest still today to try and shake this cold. I also need to gather my thoughts and plan out my goals for the next year. I need to look at my new budget.

I am thankful.....that we get a break today from another round of radiation therapy. We don't have to go anywhere today.

From the kitchen.....my crock pot has been working overtime the last few days. I was given a stewing hen on Wednesday which I cooked overnight in the crock. I made chicken soup with the stock and froze most of the meat off the bird to make a chicken pot pie later on. I cooked down four quart bags of frozen tomatoes (from the garden) with which I will finish today by making marinara sauce for the freezer. Yesterday a friend brought leftovers from the New Year's Eve party that we were unable to attend on Saturday. There was an assortment of salads, meatballs, chicken nuggets, sliced ham, filled mushroom caps and lots and lots of Christmas sweets. My contribution to the potluck was all the fixin's for two punch bowls. Only one was made, so I got my ingredients back, plus the remainder of the first bowl of punch. We have lots of juices and drinks to keep us hydrated now, and enough food to get us through a couple of days. I will likely freeze all the sweets.

I am wearing.....a pair of torn blue jeans. I tore them just before Christmas on the sharp edge of a heater fan (don't ask), and have not repaired them yet. I am wearing a pink and brown striped shirt and slippers.

I am creating.....a new budget and a list of personal goals for 2017.

I am going.....nowhere today. I will go outside to pull the plugs on the Christmas lights.

I am hoping.....that my Sweetie and I can lose these colds. I am worn down and my husband has no immune system to fight off infections. He has spent most of his days in bed.

I am hearing.....just the sound of an occasional car traveling by. It is so quiet.

Around the house......there is so much cleaning up and tidying to do, I can't imagine where to start; but I am not going to start today anyway.

One of my favourite things......today is the sunshine streaming in through the windows.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include four days of radiation treatment starting tomorrow. My sweetie is scheduled for day surgery on Wednesday. It remains to be seen whether or not they will do it if he is still suffering with this cold. I cancelled an appointment with my own doctor until these treatments for my husband are over, and I feel okay with that.

Here is a picture I am sharing.....
A composition book which I will use as a daily journal to map out my goals, to do lists, and successes. A planner where I will write down my daily "what did I spend on food and everything else" lists.

5 comments:

  1. Ripped jeans... you are so trendy! You do realize that nowadays all the young people's jeans are sold pre-ripped, right? You are a fashionista!

    Unplugging those lights, even if you don't take them down, would save you money so I say do it, if you can manage the energy (says the woman who just shrugged and plugged hers in because she's not taking them down today!).

    Speaking of energy, I'm in awe of everything you seem to be able to accomplish while you're sick as a dog.

    It was so sweet of your friends to bring you guys all those leftovers so you don't have to cook. It's wise for you to freeze the goodies.

    I'm worried about you not going to see your own doctor. Not only do you need to make sure you are treated for your own good, but perhaps it would also be in your husband's interest so you don't keep re-infecting him? Sorry if I'm overstepping. Is there an urgent care clinic where you could pop in for a quick diagnosis and possible relief? Maybe it's just a virus but you've been sick for a long time now...

    Take care, both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you are not over-stepping. And you are not the only one suggesting I see a doctor. But this is a cold....the same cold. And I know it is hanging on far too long, but I got myself completely worn down trying to get it all done before Christmas Eve. If it should get worse, I will go to a clinic. But the doctor I cancelled my appointment with is my shrink. He has renewed my prescriptions for me and is leaving the appointment open-ended so that I can call him when I am ready to go back. He knows my situation and how difficult it is to make an appointment right now with the schedule my Sweetie has. I am coping well and there really is no need to see him now. I have had major clinical depression for most of my life and I am pretty confident I can recognize all the signs of running into trouble. I really am fine. But I really do appreciate the concern. I promise I will seek help if the cough gets worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you guys are still feeling poorly. I hope that you are able to get lots of rest and fluids so that you feel better soon. It's so nice that your friends and family are looking out of you and making sure you have food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hoping that your cold/cough gets better soon. You overdid it, as I'm sure you realize, just as I overdid before the almsgiving. It sounds like you are still doing a little too much. But I have been where you are and have done the same thing (carried on as usual when I had pneumonia, not once but twice; the 2nd time my daughter called the paramedics) because I had too much to do to be sick, so I won't say anything. Just take care of yourself and rest as much as you can; things like housework can be done later, when you feel better.

    ReplyDelete