Friday, January 6, 2017

TGIF

There is no particular reason why I am happy Friday is here. It's not because I worked too hard and deserve the time off. I am still no further ahead knowing how long my Sweetie is going to be in the hospital or even if the doctors have set up a treatment plan. I am just glad there is some type of closure to the week I have had.
I called my husband around noon to see if he had heard any results from the kidney biopsy they performed on him yesterday. He hadn't heard anything, so I left immediately to go have a visit with him. I sat for almost three hours just watching him doze off and on and I really hoped I would be there when the doctors finally did their rounds. It didn't happen. Finally, a porter came to take him to his Radiation appointment, so that was my cue to leave. I think he was glad I came to see him, but I got absolutely nothing accomplished at home today. There is no sense even writing down my To-Do list, as it remains the undone items on yesterday's list. I still have my Christmas decorations up and I have not made a birthday card for my grand daughter yet. I spent $3 on parking and $2.55 on a Tim Horton's small double double and an apple fritter for my Sweetie, because he begged me. Otherwise today would also have been a no-spend day. I got home at 4, just in time to feed the dog and take him out for his second constitutional of the day. I made a chicken stir-fry with basmati rice, and there is enough for dinner tomorrow. My son has come home to spend tonight and tomorrow here packing up some of the belongings to go over to the new apartment. Hopefully, there will be more news to share tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of ((hugs)). He must be feeling better if he was up to eating sweets and drinking coffee after refusing to eat or drink when he was at home. So that's good news. You didn't have a No Spend Day but you didn't spend much either, that's good! I know you're happy to regain all that space in your home, so this weekend might help you feel re-energized when you can spread your own possessions again. And you get the 2nd freezer back too, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping no news is good news, but keeping you both in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete