Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Winter's Return

My Sweetie called me at 7:30 this morning waking me from a sound sleep. He told me they were taking him down for Dialysis this morning and wouldn't be back to his room until afternoon. I didn't look out the window yet, so I didn't know what the weather was like. When I went to open the back door to take the dog out, this is what I found.

A wall of ice on the glass of the exterior door.  
Yesterday  also started out with freezing rain, but it had quickly melted off the roads. After I scraped the car windows off, I was ready to leave for the hospital about 10 o'clock. My husband had another bad day yesterday, and when I came home I had a good cry. So this morning, when the freezing rain turned to snow that has fallen now all day, I decided I couldn't go in to see him today. My emotions are riding a roller coaster from day to day, and it is all I can think about or talk about. I think my husband could also appreciate a day without me hovering over him. I think he tries very hard to keep my spirits up, all the while I am trying to bolster his spirits. So my blog today will not have any more news from the hospital.

Ice on  branches

...followed by ice pellets, then snow.
 I put some veggie peelings from the freezer into the crock pot with water. After I remove the peelings, I will add a chicken carcass to the pot and leave it overnight. I should be left with another good veggie and chicken broth to make soup this week. I also peeled a bag of Cortland apples, cored and sliced them. Half went into the freezer. The other half was baked into an apple crumble. I had to throw away 1 1/2 apples that I could not save. 
Apple Crumble
I spent a lot of time on the phone today talking with family members and friends. Some people fill their anxiety with work. I wish that was me; but alas, it is not. When I am anxious, I tend to become paralyzed with inaction. I don't want to do anything. I wish I was the opposite. My house would be spic and span. Ha. I can sometimes putter in the kitchen. But mostly I tend to craft. So this afternoon I worked on some more of my valentines for the kids.


2 comments:

  1. Your cards are beautiful.

    I clean when I'm angry. When I'm anxious, I'm like you, I don't feel like doing anything. I could have done so much yesterday while the kittens were away at the vet's but I didn't. Today as well, although my anxiety has to do with this weekend (someone's supposed to come visit and I don't have a good history with this person, nor do I wish to continue contact).

    Oh my, I had read about the snowstorms blanketing "the Eastern part of the US" and I was thinking "Well, I'm in the East and it's not snowing here!" but of course they meant the NE and since it said "US" I didn't even make the connection that it might impact you guys too. Yes, stay safe at home. Tell your husband I send him warm hugs from Florida when you talk to/see him next, please, and here are some for you too. Lots of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brr! Winter has indeed returned! It looks cold in the photos!

    Your cards are lovely! I know they are going to be appreciated by the recipients.

    I'm sorry your husband had a bad day, yesterday. Hope today was better and tomorrow will be better, too. Take care of yourself during these anxious days and do what helps you to keep the worries at bay. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete