Saturday, January 28, 2017

Weekend in ICU

I have mentioned already that it has been getting more difficult lately to update you all on my Sweetie's hospital stay. He has been lying in a hospital bed for 3 1/2 weeks now, getting worse instead of better. His is a very complicated case, and the Internal Medicine doctors are certainly earning their salaries.  After returning to his room on Connell 10 at noon after four hours of dialysis, his blood pressure tanked to 58 over 33. They administered more albumin through his IV and medicine to raise his blood pressure. They have changed some of his antibiotics and added a few more. The decision was wisely made to move him to ICU so he would be more closely monitored.  This week has been particularly scary with lots of ups and downs. Tonight, though exhausted and feeling pretty beat up,  he still has his sense of humour.

There is nothing to do but wait and see and hope and pray. You have already expressed your kindnesses and concerns to me. You have offered up prayers and best wishes for healing. There is nothing more to say, so I will make it easier on you by disabling the comments field on my blog temporarily. It might make it easier on me as well. I will send another update tomorrow night.