Monday, January 2, 2017

Personal goals for 2017

Family:

 I need to try harder to stay in touch with my mom. Ideally, that would mean phoning her at least once a week....perhaps the same day each week, so she will come to expect them. If I do not phone her, then I must make and send her a card.

Continue to send my young nephews and nieces some cards on special holidays and make more "Just because I love you" cards for my grandchildren.

Health:

I would like to lose 20 pounds over the course of this year, and keep it off. I will consume less sugar and starches and eat more soups and vegetables.

I hate exercise, but I will attempt to walk more and work out of doors in the good weather. 

Special projects:

I need to save money just for some special projects I would like to happen this year.
  • tear down and rebuild a new deck in the back yard
  • outside painting
  • new laminate in the Master bedroom
  • repair and tile the kitchen floor
Crafts:

I will learn to use my sewing machine to use up some of my fabric stash
I will make mats for my card making from bits of paper scraps that I have been collecting
I will try to learn more complicated knitting patterns, instead of just dishcloths.
I need to make at least 3 scrapbooks this winter.

Purging and Organization:

I will purge at least 5 items a day, or 25 a week, and I will post about it.

Maintenance and Preparedness:

 I will try to learn more skills for myself in  DIY and upcycling and share about it on my blog

Finances:

I need to write down every penny I make, spend on food, spend on sundries, and save for a special project

Accountability:

I will be better at reporting on my weekly and monthly goals.

2 comments:

  1. I like your personal goals for 2017. I haven't done my goals, yet, but shall do so soon! Wish you the best in accomplishing your goals, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like how you wrote your goals as well. I feel the commitment behind those words! I look forward to cheering you on this year!

    I wonder if you could use a simple, already formatted budget form in Google Sheets to keep track of your spending. It would do all the calculations for you. If that interests you, check out Google Sheets and select the "Monthly Budget" form that's on that top row (for me it's the 2nd from the left". The sheet itself has all the explanations on it. It's pretty basic but it might be what you need to get started? I think it would be faster than a notebook, just because you don't need to calculate anything. That's why I like my Excel spreadsheets!

    I hope I lose and maintain my loss as well. I also hate exercising. Ugh. But you have such pretty places to visit in Canada. Maybe just walking around with your friends when you visit them? Or walk to the local stores since I think you said you live downtown or close to downtown?

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete