Thursday, September 22, 2016

Happy First Day of Autumn


Washing windows means washing with a scrub brush, a toothbrush, a sponge with a bristle side and a soft miracle cloth, followed by Windex and paper towel.  It always surprises me when I see how much light comes through clean and sparkly windows.
I had plans today. I was keen to finish the last two windows in the Craft room, as well as the sliding glass doors leading out to the patio. When I got through with those, my bucket of hot soapy water was extremely dirty and icky. I filled up another bucket and tackled all of the outside windows. I had already washed frames and sills inside, so the only thing left to wash outside was glass. As a result, I still had a bucket of relatively clean hot soapy water, so I decided to use it to wash one of my many French doors leading from the dining room to the entry room....both sides of the glass, and door frames. That one door and frame took as long as all the other windows I did this morning. I had a late lunch, showered, washed my hair and slept for two solid hours. I was done. There was no purging or organizing this afternoon.

In the meantime,  my Sweetie went in to the lab this morning for his blood work, X-ray of his lungs, and his physio in the pool at St. Mary's.  He took in several of my donation boxes and bags and got my donation card stamped, so I now have enough to get 30% off my next Thrift store purchase. Yay!

So it is the first day of Fall, but it certainly did not feel like it today. We are still getting above normal temperatures, but that may be soon coming to an end. Cooler temperatures of 19 degrees are moving in for the weekend. How did you celebrate the beginning of Autumn?

4 comments:

  1. You are going to have such clean and sparkling windows! Looks like you'll get your September goals accomplished without any problems. Hope your husband's lab tests have good results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not as confident as you about accomplishing all of my goals, but I gave each of them a good stab. But there is still time left. I may surprise myself.

      Delete
  2. You didn't finish your Craft Room but all your downstairs windows are clean, woohoo! I'm impressed by that AND by the fact that your Sweetie remembered to get your donation card stamped because that's something that I would probably nag Greg about and he'd still forget, lol.

    I think it was warm today. I was only outside to wash the litter boxes this morning and check the mail tonight. I spent the whole day indoors. I celebrated by eating (blush) some danish and chips and salsa, and turkey on Wasa bread. That's on top of the regular meals. Arrgh. And I watched several episodes of Law & Order. Now it's barely 7:45 p.m. and I'm so tired I'm ready to go to bed right now... I might need to start taking naps as well!

    Have a lovely day with your family tomorrow and happy birthday to your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked all day yesterday in the Craft Room. It's still not finished. Ha. And even when it is "done", it will still be a work in progress. But I will know when it is ready to call it a day. It will NOT look like anything in Pinterest. *laugh*

    I will have a good day today. It will be wonderful to see the family again and celebrate good times. We will probably play card games around the kitchen table, and I will be sure to do a walk-about in the garden.

    ReplyDelete