Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Orthopedic Surgeon

So I will get to the appointment first, since some of you are wondering. We left here at 1 PM for a 1:45 appointment slot. Of course, we didn't get right in. When we did, a resident looked at my husband first. So it was quite some time before we actually saw the surgeon. My Sweetie has two choices....live with it or get a shoulder replacement. Ideally, the doctor would ask for an MRI. Because my husband has a defibrillator, he can't have one done. So the doctor wants a cat scan done. My husband's bones are very thin because he has osteopenia because of the kidney disease and he was being dialized. They are also thin because he is taking steroids as part of his anti rejection drugs. Therefore the doctor may not be able to do the surgery. Also, we will have to meet with the anesthesiologist. He/she may refuse to put him under because of his other health issues (heart and vascular related). If the operation can be done, I believe my husband will want to go through with it. He will have so much more mobility with a new shoulder. So we will meet with the surgeon again in two months to see where we go from here. In the meantime, he will continue with Rehab to try and strengthen the remaining muscle tissue.  So again, we wait and see. 


I used scrapbook paper for my backgrounds

Both of the buses are on an action wobble spring

Spending money.....We spent $3.75 for the underground parking. I bought my $50 gift card for Shopper's Drug Mart. I bought 8 liters of milk, 2 dozen eggs,  orange juice, hamburger buns and toilet paper for a further $22.70   I also spent $96.05 for a roll of 100 postage stamps. 

Crafting.....I made 3 cards for "Back to School" for my 3 youngest grand children. I mailed them out this afternoon. 

We got back from town at 4:30, just in time to make hamburgers and baked beans for supper. 

6 comments:

  1. Wow. I understand he'd want to have the surgery but that doesn't sound very likely, from what you describe. I'll keep my fingers crossed for him. Poor guy. He really needs to take it easy, do you think he will? You might need to be a little forceful and naggy? Assuming that you're not, already.

    Your cards are gorgeous! I laughed with delight at the owl. Do you plan on finishing your craft room reorganization now? Before you get started on your Christmas crafts?

    So you got your gift card and you're set for your incidentals shopping this month. Did you pay for the toilet paper with the gift card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my plan is to finish cleaning and reorganizing my craft room before doing any crafts. But I told the kids I was sending them a card this week, forgetting about my resolve not to do any card-making. It is hard getting back in there for some reason.

      So I bought everything, including the TP, from the household budget. There is still $50 remaining on the gift card.

      Do I think that my Sweetie will slow down and take it easy?? Read today's post.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like the surgery will be quite complicated due to the various existing medical conditions. I hope the test results and the follow up meetings with all the other doctors will go well and your husband will get the best care available.

    Your cards are lovely! I'm sure your grandchildren will enjoy receiving them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bless. I started sending cards to the young people in my life, years ago. Now of course, I make them. I think every kid looks forward to getting mail delivered to them.

      As far as my husband's surgery, you are right. We will have to get the results of tests first before we can make a decision about an operation. He may not have too many surgeries left in him.

      Delete
  3. Best of luck with the surgery options. I've only heard of shoulder replacements in the last couple of years; prior to that I was familiar with knee and hip replacements only. Medical science really is amazing. I hope everything works out the way your husband would like.

    I love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave my husband his new kidney seven years ago. It extended his life, for which he is grateful, but the quality of his life has deteriorated. Being sick for years, and taking all the anti-rejection drugs, has taken its toll. I just hope he can live with the new normal.

    ReplyDelete