Friday, September 16, 2016

Friday Jitters


One of my automatic daily jobs

Today I had the "heebie jeebies"....just a lot of pent up nervous energy. I'm not sure why, but I can tell you I missed a golden opportunity. I should have hit the Craft Room until it wore off. But instead I was at the computer trying to read my email and respond with comments to some blogs that I have neglected all week. I would read some and then jump up and do a chore and come back to sit down and read a little more. It could be that I was a little worried about my Sweetie. He has slept an awful lot today, but says he is feeling a little bit better. Well his colonoscopy is Monday, so he had better be feeling a whole lot better soon. We have waited several months for this appointment. The other thing that is different from the normal is that when I got up this morning at 7:15, my son and his GF had already left for the weekend for New York. They have done this before without incident, so I don't think that is what had me feeling anxious. I did my usual morning tasks that I do without needing to think about it. I unloaded the dishwasher and started to fill it up again. I do this as I make my breakfast and coffee. I made my iced tea and I cleaned the downstairs litter box. 

If only I could teach my dog to bake

I tried reading my email but left a couple of times to bake a batch of dog biscuits, wash a large load of dark clothes and put them outside on the line, wash a second load of dishes, wash the counter tops, and put the ingredients in the crock pot to make split pea soup. I wanted to go upstairs and wash the two windows in my bedroom and the one in our master bathroom, but my Sweetie had gone back to bed. So maybe later this weekend, I will try again.
Mowing grass

After lunch, I thought that I could perhaps lie down for a nap. But no, that didn't happen. I went outside to mow the back yard.  It was a perfectly lovely day outside. The days are sunny and warm, (not hot and humid.)  The evenings are very cool for sleeping. With the recent rains we've had, the grass has grown very tall, so I stalled out the push mower a few times. Ha. So even though the afternoon was still lovely and warm, you can tell that Autumn is here. By 1 PM, half the clothes line was in the shade because of the angle of the sun. I will have to bring in the clothes before dinner and perhaps check out the garden again. Does anyone have any plans for the weekend? Have a great one!

6 comments:

  1. Even though you didn't work on your Craft Room, you did an awful lot of things! I hope your husband feels a little better but he might need a couple more days of rest. "A few months" is a long time to wait for a colonoscopy, no? I think that when Greg got one, he only had to wait a week or two.

    No plans for the weekend save doing Greg's laundry and some ironing for his trip to Vancouver next week. He's gonna go fishing in the morning but I'll stay home with the kittens. My daughter went to the high school football game tonight and tomorrow she's attending her BFF's birthday party. My son doesn't have any plans: computer gaming, homework, playing with the cats, swinging at the park.

    Have a good weekend. Don't catch what your Sweetie has!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few months is far too long to have to wait for a colonoscopy, but the wait can be up 'til 9 months here. My husband asked his Family Physician to go anywhere in the district as he was willing to travel. So he got into Napanee Hospital, but still had to wait several months.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you took advantage of the nervous energy to get quite a few things done. I hope your husband feels well enough for the colonoscopy on Monday. No plans for the weekend other than some cleaning and tidying. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also hope that my husband is feeling well for tomorrow. He left to have coffee with a friend in town, so that is encouraging. I worry though that the doctor won't do the surgery if he walks in there hacking up a lung.

      Delete
  3. Wow you was busy Susan. We was commenting on our walk to school the other day how even though its still warm the leaves are starting to change colour and fall off the trees so you can tell that Autumn is here. Its very pretty.

    I hope everything goes well on Monday with your sweetie and that he starts to feel better soon.

    I also hope that your son and his gf have a great time in Mew York xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has been lovely and warm, but there are signs of Autumn all around, aren't there? I wonder if my son will see any Fall leaves on his way back through New York state tomorrow afternoon. They are spending a 4 day weekend down there.

      We will have to wait and see if the doctor will even do the colonoscopy tomorrow. My Sweetie told me the last time they did one years ago, they didn't need to put him under.

      Delete