Monday, September 5, 2016

Daybook: Monday, Sept. 5/16

Outside my window.....it is a sunny, cool morning; but, we are expecting much warmer temperatures later today and tomorrow. My Sweetie cut the front lawn for me last week, but it could be cut again already.

I am thinking.....that my routine last week was dumped on its ear. I got nothing done that I had planned, and I am way behind commenting on my blogs (hi Nathalie) although I have been reading them faithfully.

I am thankful for.....all the doctors who care for my husband.

From the kitchen.....I have managed this past week to get the garden produce washed and put in the freezer. I have some margarine pulled out of the fridge to make cookies later this morning. I am also hoping to make some muffins and buns. A whole chicken is defrosting in the fridge for dinner tonight. My iced tea is made and in the fridge getting cold.

I am wearing.....black capris and a red sleeveless top.

I am creating.....3 "back to school" cards for my three youngest grand kids, even though I said no more crafts until I finish my craft room.

I am going.....outside to pull weeds in the veggie garden before it gets too hot.

I am hoping.....the surgeon will be able to do something for my husband's shoulder.

I am hearing.....crickets all around the yard. I also hear the television on. (I think it is Dexter) I don't watch any television during the day but we both watch together in the evenings. After watching two seasons of Grace and Frankie (so good), we watched all the available seasons of House of Cards, and now we just started  watching Homeland. I have loved all of them.

Around the house....I need to get the vacuuming done again, and this time I need to follow up with a floor wash. Now that I have identified my goals for September, I need to focus on those and not get sidetracked into doing other stuff.

One of my favourite things.....is my outdoor clothesline. I lo-o-ove hanging clothes out to dry in the sun.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include going with my Sweetie to his surgeon's appointment tomorrow.  I also have to go to Shopper's to buy my $50 gift card and to pick up more milk and eggs this week.

Here is a picture I am sharing......of the only sunflower growing in the garden.


7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sunflower! I hate when routines get turned upside down. Almost worse than having no routine at all, in my opinion.

    Like you, I am way behind in commenting (and actually reading, for me) blogs! You have been really busy!

    Here is my daybook for today: https://allthatjunkinmytrunk.wordpress.com/2016/09/05/daybook-september-5-2016/

    I'm glad I was able to participate in this meme again; I hope to get back to sort of regular blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy this Daybook routine that starts out the week. Even if you are unable to blog for a while because your days are just too busy, it is a great way to keep in touch and fills in some of the details for your reader about all that is going on at the moment. I will bet it was with some relief that you finished your library job. It will only get busier for you from here on in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I am behind on reading and commenting on blogs too... it must be something in the air.

    I loved Homeland too and was wondering what to watch next we have just finished watching 'The Tunnel' I think I might give House of cards a go next.

    I hope your husbands shoulder gets sorted.

    Yum cookies, buns and muffins and back to school cards am I too old to be adopted as a grandchild? Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I talk a good talk Tara. I didn't bake ANY of those things yesterday. I went out to the garden to pull weeds (yay for me because it is one of my September goals), but then I loaded the firewood into the trailer with the guys because I didn't want my husband doing it. He was trying. After that I needed a shower and a change of clothes and lunch. I made the stuffing for the roast chicken and sat down to read blogs and comment on a few of them. I didn't even make my three cards. That is now today's priority before going to my Sweetie's appointment.

      Loved House of Cards. I must look up The Tunnel.

      Delete
  4. "and I am way behind commenting on my blogs (hi Nathalie) although I have been reading them faithfully." Hi Susan! Well, don't feel bad because I've been the same. I read blog posts mostly in the early mornings but I don't comment until the evening a lot of times and sometimes, I just feel lazy and tell myself that there is NO RULE that I have to comment on every post, every day. And you know what? There isn't. I wouldn't think less of you if you didn't comment on every post and I hope you don't think less of me if I don't either. Sometimes, it's all very overwhelming, especially if you follow a lot of blogs (I do, although I comment only on a few), and you want to say something else other than just "well done!".

    Your husband continues to amaze me with all the things he manages to take care of in spite of his condition(s)! The man's arm only hangs by 1 tendon and he mows the lawn?! Unbelievable! He puts us all to shame! Good luck at the surgeon's tomorrow.

    Your picture of the sunflower against the bright blue sky is breathtaking! I need to remember to grow some next year too.

    I can't wait for the 3rd season of Frankie and Grace, one of my very favorite shows recently. I love it so. I loved the first 2 seasons of House of Card, and then I petered out and never finished watching the 3rd one and didn't watch the latest one either (there are 4 seasons, right?). I need to catch up with "The Americans". I bought the latest season as each episode was released on Amazon Prime, but then decided to wait until all the episodes had been released to do a marathon all at once, and I have yet to watch it! I really like that series. I wanted to watch "Homeland" but I don't think it's streaming on Netflix or for free with Amazon Prime yet. Maybe the library has it, I'll have to check. My brother loved "Dexter" and my 2 older sons too, but I wasn't too thrilled with it. I think I watched 1 or 2 seasons and then it got on my nerves.

    Your grandkids will love getting their Back to School cards from you! What a great idea. I forgive you the use of your craft room to make them every though you swore you weren't going to do any crafts until after you had completely reorganized it. Sometimes resolutions need to be broken.

    Have a great week! Let us know what happens at the surgeon's tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you, I read blogs in the morning while I have my two cups of coffee and my porridge. I read them to enjoy them. Later in the day, I come back to read again so that I can make a few observations and comments. Sometimes, I even try to make a witticism, which cannot be done first thing in the morning, so I don't even try.

    Yes my husband really tries to get on with it. He generally uses a riding lawn mower to cut the grass, but he has used a push mower as well. He knows his limits I think and will stop frequently to rest. He chooses the early part of the day to get things done because by afternoon he is DONE like toast. If I want some assistance from him, I will start the conversation like, "One of these days, THIS is what I am going to try and get done. I just need to think how best to do it." That way he comes up with suggestions and HE gets to pick the time when he feels up to helping me. Of course that means I drop everything else to get it done, since I am the one who wanted the help.

    Have a great day Nathalie. I'll let you all know what the surgeon says.

    ReplyDelete