Friday, September 30, 2016

From the Craft Room

I made four Thanksgiving cards today for my grandchildren  

I maybe should have wrapped Advent calendar gifts this morning; but going into my Craft Room to do some crafting, I chose to make cards. Since Thanksgiving is coming up very soon, I decided to start making some cards for my grandchildren. It has been a while. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. No housework got done today. I vacuumed through the downstairs yesterday and got all the laundry folded and put away, so I didn't feel very much guilt. However, all that crafting wore me out. After a late lunch, I crashed and burned, sleeping for two hours this afternoon. So there is nothing to blog about today. Maybe I will have more tomorrow. Have a great weekend everyone.

4 comments:

  1. I love those cards! Do you design the whole thing yourself or is there a pattern somewhere that you follow?

    Have a great weekend, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of these cards were made with die-cuts using my Cricut machine and cartridges. I cut a piece of cardstock in half, so 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, and fold that in half to form a card 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 (A2 size) I chose paper to co-ordinate and cut slightly smaller. I cut my focal point from a cartridge (I choose the colours of cardstock and how big the focal point will be) The machine cuts out the various pieces and I glue the pieces together. I decided to put googly eyes on the turkeys and I used different sized brads for the squirrel's features. I stamped some hatch marks on the acorn caps. I generally cut a mat for the focal point from a cartridge called Elegant Edges. There are several different ones to choose from. If I don't have a stamp sentiment, I usually print one on the computer; but, my printer is done again...this time for good I think. There is not much design going on, except for choosing colours, scale, and pattern. You certainly don't need a die-cutting machine. There are lots of paper piecing patterns on the web.

      Delete
  2. Such lovely cards! The squirrel one is my favorite! He's just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bless. The explanation I gave to Nathalie should probably have been left for you, since you are the one who already does paper piecing. And then I change it up somewhat by adding ink to distress the edges, or ribbon, or buttons. The squirrel is cute, as are most of the animals on this cartridge called "Create a Critter". I like to use them especially for my kids' cards.

      Delete