Monday, February 11, 2019

Daybook: Monday, Feb. 11/19

Outside my window.....it is sunny and mild. Snow is melting off my roof and dripping over my verandah. We had a little snow overnight, so the sunlight is looking particularly bright this morning.

I am thinking.....of my late husband. It is his birthday today.

I am thankful for.....all the phone calls and well wishes I received over the weekend from family members and friends.

From the kitchen.....this past weekend I made a pot of soup, sauteed shredded cabbage, another batch of yoghurt and I cooked all the chicken legs with backs attached to remove the meat from the bones.

I am wearing.....black denim jeans, gray and red striped socks and a gray sweater with a cowl neck.

I am creating.....enough kids' cards to last me a little bit, so I can get down to business and work on a scrapbook.

I am going.....??? I have no plans to leave today, but I do need to pick up eggs again.

I am hoping.....for positive outcomes this week.

I am hearing.....the clock ticking in this room. I have never noticed it before.

Around the house.....the furniture still needs dusting and the floors still need vacuuming.

One of my favourite things.....is my paper shredder. It makes short work of my paper clutter.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include a birthday lunch at a restaurant on the Parkway this coming Sunday for one of my girlfriends. We are getting together late for her birthday which was last week. My celebration will likely get pushed ahead to March. I have no Doctor's appointments during this month.

Goals for the Week
  • Print out Week 8 of the 10-minute decluttering tasks and do as many as possible.
  • mail out 3 "Thinking of You" cards this week
  • work on my embroidery project for the satin pillow cases
  • work on the scrap booking project
  • dusting and vacuuming the downstairs floors and the staircase
  • go through and purge the books from my computer room
Here's the picture I am sharing.....


3 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great week and also hope the snow becomes a distant memory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm afraid this will not be the last of it. We usually have a big snow storm around the first day of spring, and only once in my memory we did NOT have a snowfall in April. Only when my daffodils are in bloom will I welcome Spring. It sounds as though spring has already arrived for you.

      Delete
  2. Four pounds of cabbage for $1. I LOVE that price! I would be shredding and bagging all that goodness for my freezer. I like to indulge in a bowl of buttered sauteed cabbage as though it was a bowl of buttered noodles (with a little bit of crunch). It has become my new comfort food.

    I finally got started on the scrapbook. It is going very slowly, but I jumped in and that is the biggest hurdle overcome. I just have to keep treading water.

    ReplyDelete