Monday, February 4, 2019

Daybook: Monday, January 4/19

Outside my window.....it is mainly overcast and wet. Temperatures are above freezing today, so a lot of melting going on.

I am thinking.....of the busy day I had yesterday. Having not posted anything since my last Daybook Monday, I wrote 4 blog posts yesterday...My Budget,   January Goals Update, This Week in Review, and
My Mile Long To-Do List for February 2019.     These posts were written as my goal check-ins to keep me more accountable this year.

I am thankful for.....all my wonderful friends and well wishers who keep me in their thoughts.

From the kitchen..... I may not have tackled many goals from last weeks list, but I was busy with chores, nonetheless. I "riced" all 5 of the cauliflower I bought on sale Friday and shredded one of the large heads of cabbage. I made another loaf of keto bread and today I will be making another batch of homemade yoghurt. I sliced up the large ham and portioned into freezer bags. The ham bone is now in the crock pot to make a broth. I baked up all the chicken thighs on Friday because my son and DIL came out for supper. I had enough leftover for two further meals. I gave my DIL the sweet potato I cooked and mashed and froze. I also gave her my shaker bottle of "Seven Things Farm Chicken Seasoning" because she loved it so much. I will need to make another jar for myself.

I am wearing.....blue jeans, a blue long sleeved hooded pullover with an allover pattern of small gray hearts, and black fuzzy socks.

I am creating.....probably more cards this week, as I cannot start my scrapbook yet. I finished an embroidery project for myself.

I am going.....to the Post Office today. I did not send out any cards last week, but I do have to get some birthday cards and valentines mailed out as soon as possible.

I am hoping.....to have another relatively successful month of February in which I can get some home maintenance projects done.

I am hearing.....the sound of traffic this morning. The roads are wet with puddles of melted snow.

Around the house.....there is a lot of dusting and tidying to do. I have sort of let things slide while busy with my crafting.

One of my favourite things......is my Amazon Echo, which was gifted to me at Christmas. I have been playing music from some of my favourite artists (Gordon Lightfoot, Tom Petty, Aerosmith, Simon and Garfunkle, and Evanescence). Quite the eclectic mix.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....do not include appointments. The one appointment I had last week, I did not make because of the snowstorm. I bought groceries on Thursday and yesterday, so don't expect to have to buy more. My trips are usually spontaneous. I don't put a lot of planning into my trips.

This Week's Goals
  • make 10 cards this week
  • mail out 3 "Thinking of You" cards
  • exchange my seasonal winter dishes for my everyday
  • dust and vacuum the downstairs and the carpeted staircase
  • Go through the book case in the computer room and purge
  • Check Michael's to see if they have blades for my paper slicer
  • Use my gift card for Home Depot to buy Spackle and a flapper for my toilet 
Here's the picture I am sharing.....
 Making yoghurt
 An embroidery project I did for myself.

3 comments:

  1. I have always loved that saying from the depression era, and heard it often from my older relatives. I have hung it in my kitchen as a reminder to myself. This way I get to see it every day.
    Thank you for the well wishes for the coming week. I am feeling well and hope to accomplish a lot. I remain flexible though as my plans could still change at any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get it all done this week!
    Your sampler is so much nicer than the two I have in my kitchen. One says "Oh God of New Beginnings and Second Chances, Here I am _____Again"

    The Other says "Let's Compromise. You do It My Way"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha,ha. I love yours. I'd crack up each time I walked into the kitchen and read those.

    ReplyDelete