Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Last Week of February

Where did the month go? Does anyone know what happened to it? In a couple of days I will need to report on my goals and accomplishments and I don't think I have accomplished anything.

I did not return home on Sunday. I stayed an extra day because of the weather. Sunday started with freezing rain, which turned into pouring rain and some flooding, and then we had gale force winds with blowing snow. I left Smiths Falls yesterday morning and got home about 11 AM. My son and DIL came out shortly afterwards to visit, do laundry, and stayed for dinner.  I will need a couple of days to get caught up with my emails, blog posts,  and messages.

This morning I watered my indoor plants, made a batch of yoghurt,  and cooked up a big pot of chicken and vegetable soup for lunches this week. I paid some bills on-line before heading out to shop. I stopped at the post office on my way out of town to buy a roll of 50 postage stamps ($50.85) , pick up my mail (there were two more birthday cards), and mail out two cards of my own. I picked up a bag of road salt from the Hardware store ($9.60) because I have used up the last of mine on my driveway. I stopped at my bank to take out my cash for household expenses and gas for the month of March. I picked up a few items at Shopper's and paid with a gift card I received for my birthday. I also picked up a very few craft supplies at the Dollar Tree before heading to No Frills for last week's sale items.
 Produce cost $35.63  (Frozen $25 and fresh broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms and cabbage cost $15.63)
 Dairy cost $14.30, but $6 of that was paid with a gift card.
 I paid $13.77 for a utility turkey that cost $1/lb.
Pantry cost $7.97 for a 925 gm tin of coffee, for  a grocery total of $71.70

4 comments:

  1. It is kind of nice that the weather forced an extended stay. Glad you made it home safely.
    Oh, and about February, it flew by about as fast as January did. I will blink and it will be Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My feelings exactly.....I am thinking of starting my Easter cards already. If I am going to drag my feet regarding my spring cleaning goals, I might as well enjoy making crafts. Maybe I can plan having guests over to help me eat that turkey. That might spur me into doing some housework.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back, Susan! You were missed! I'm glad you decided to stay another day until the weather cleared to make the drive home, again. Glad you had a safe drive home. Sounds like you hit the ground running, when you came back, because you've been very busy and productive!

    I think, February, being a short month and all, goes by quickly! I didn't accomplish anything off my lists, either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a wonderful weekend and I am very glad I decided to stay over another night. I left in the morning because they were calling for bands of snow storms to hit my area by late afternoon. They didn't materialise fortunately. The major highways were in very good condition for my drive home. And yes, I had a list of things that needed doing when I got back.

    ReplyDelete