Sunday, February 10, 2019

No Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval

I'm on strike, I guess. I'm not feeling the motivation for housework. Well, it's just me after all, so it isn't too bad (except for the top of the dining table). I wanted to vacuum, but I didn't. Whenever I think about it, I want to take a nap; so I make cards instead. I have made my ten cards for this past week, so I got at least one goal checked off. I have done up my laundry, made another batch of yoghurt,  shredded the second head of cabbage I bought last week and made a large pot of chicken vegetable soup for lunches this week.  Let's see what else I accomplished from my list.

 This Week's Goals
  • make 10 cards this week      Done 
  • mail out 3 "Thinking of You" cards     Not exactly...not in the way I intended when I decided to make this a goal. I did mail off more than 20 valentines and two more kids' cards
  • exchange my seasonal winter dishes for my everyday     Done
  • dust and vacuum the downstairs and the carpeted staircase     No
  • Go through the book case in the computer room and purge       No, but I shredded more papers and printed out more return address labels.
  • Check Michael's to see if they have blades for my paper slicer     Done
  • Use my gift card for Home Depot to buy Spackle and a flapper for my toilet     Done. I have already replaced the flapper and chain inside the tank. Easy, peasy. 
Dinner This Past Week: (Friday to Friday)

Feb. 1  roasted chicken thighs with creamed cabbage
Feb. 2  ditto
Feb. 3  sliced ham with mashed turnip and green beans
Feb. 4  pork chops and cheesy broccoli and cauliflower
Feb. 5  chili con carne (without the beans), toasted keto bread with melted cheese
Feb. 6  sliced ham with creamed cabbage
Feb. 7  encore presentation

Now that I am a little ahead with cards to send out this month, I will probably concentrate on working on my scrapbook now that I have sharp cutting blades for my papers.

2 comments:

  1. You get Bless's Good Housekeeping seal of approval for replacing your toilet flapper and chain. :) Plus look at all those other things you accomplished in the kitchen, which you didn't have listed on your weekly goals! Plus, you made your cards and mailed off more than 20 Valentine's Day cards! I say, "Well done!"

    Knowing you, you'll probably whip out that scrapbook in no time at all! I hope you'll share some photos of the scrapbook, if possible.

    All your dinners sound good. I think I shall buy some chicken drumsticks, next time, because the chicken breasts I made came out very dry. I am trying to think up some yummy dinners for next week, but not coming up with anything that sounds appetizing to me! Sigh.

    Hope all is well with you, Susan, and the week ahead will be a good one. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually "whip out" scrap book pages. I really used to enjoy doing them, but later discovered the joys of making cards. They don't "whip out" very quickly either; but, they work up more quickly than scrapbook pages, so the results are felt more immediately. I just need to get my photos into a book.

    ReplyDelete