Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Snow Storm

I didn't hear until this morning that a storm was moving in, so about 9AM I walked over to my convenience store to buy a dozen eggs before the weather got bad. The snow had already started. The last two days have been sunny and bright and that is when I should have driven over to Amerstview to get cheaper eggs, but I didn't. As a result, I paid almost $2 more. But now I am snug as a bug and I will have eggs for breakfast tomorrow.  I put a pork roast in my crock pot for dinner tonight.

I printed out the pillowslip border that I will put on my grand daughter's pillow slips that "Dee" had delivered from Amazon to my house. Then I transferred the design to the pair of  satin pillow slips. When the mood strikes me, I can start embroidering.  By this time it was lunch, so I reheated half the chicken stir fry and cauliflower rice that was left from last night's dinner.  Then I started back on my scrapbook project. I am not embellishing the pages nor am I journaling yet.  I am only matting the photos and arranging on the pages. It is a slow process for me so I have only accomplished 2 two-page layouts this afternoon. I will be lucky to accomplish one scrapbook this winter at this rate.




2 comments:

  1. Susan, sorry to hear you had to pay extra for the eggs (hate when that happens), but, at least you saved on gas driving to the town and back, and, now, you have the eggs for breakfast and you don't have to go out in the snow storm.

    You had a productive day! You got your eggs, you have dinner cooking, you transferred the embroidery design to the pillow slips and you started on the scrapbook! The matting of photos and layouts take the longest time, I think. I did scrapbooks for my daughter until digital photos became a thing and she wouldn't print out the photos for me to scrapbook! Then, she removed some of the photos from the scrapbooks for school projects (she had to make a couple of scrapbooks for her English and Spanish classes)! I should go back and redo those pages!

    I hope the snow storm doesn't last too long and you don't have any problems (power outages, etc.) Stay warm and enjoy the scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the snow is stopped this morning. There is a lot of it to shovel later on. It remains cloudy so there is a possibility of flurries, but for the most part I think the weather advisory is over.

    There are enough leftovers from last night's dinner for an encore presentation tonight. I haven't decided what my day's plans are yet...besides shoveling. I will just let the day unfold for me.

    ReplyDelete