Friday, February 8, 2019

Sleeping In

I woke up again before 6 AM, but before my feet could touch the floor, I fell back to sleep and didn't wake again until 9. I guess I had to have a little extra shut-eye.

For a while it looked like it was going to be another wintry day of snow flurries, very strong winds and mainly cloudy. With that in mind, I decided to go to the post office early to mail out the rest of my valentines. While there I picked up an Amazon order that Dee sent my way. She bought my grand daughter some satin pillow slips, but asked me if I would embroider the edges for her. I have no idea how difficult it is to embroider satin, if at all, but I will try. I also received some taxation forms that I will need in order to do my taxes at the end of February.

When I got back home, the sun came out and the flurries stopped. I decided to get out of the house and hit the roads. I went first to Michael's to see if they had any blades for my paper trimmer. Yes, finally!  I used a 45% off coupon on the package of two blades. I also picked up some enamel hearts to attach to my cards. This year's valentines are finished, but I will have them for next year. They were 50% off and I paid the total with a gift card. No oop.  From there I went to Home Depot to pick up my pre-mixed sheet rock mud and a flapper for my toilet. I used a gift card that I received for "Mother's Day", so again no oop.

Staples was right next door in the mall, so I took advantage of a GREAT sale and another gift card that I received at Christmas to buy 100 page protectors and 750 mailing labels.  These packages were on sale for only $5 each.

I was on a roll, until I got to No Frills to buy some  frozen produce and no gift card. That wasn't so bad because I need to eat.


I spent a total of $17.95 on mixed berries, 1 bag of Oriental mix, two bags of winter mix and shredded spinach. I probably already had enough veggies for the coming week, but since I was in buying berries, I decided to pick up more frozen produce. 



However, my next stop on the way home was to the Dollar Stop in Amerstview, where I only intended to buy more 2-way tape, but ended up buying more.

I picked up 4 rolls of tape, 2 packages of enamel lady bugs, and some clear acrylic stamps for only $2. My total here came to $12.45  On the right is the package of enamel hearts that I picked up at Michael's for half price.  I see lots of card-making in my future. Have a great weekend everyone. I know what my plans are.


4 comments:

  1. Glad to see someone else sleeping in, for a change, Susan!

    I have embroidered on satin and it is not difficult, at all. Hope you'll share photos of your embroidered pillow slips after they are done. :)

    You did well with all your shopping using gift cards! I'm glad that Michael's had the blades for your paper trimmer. Now you can get started on your scrapbooks! You picked up quite a few good bargains with all those card supplies! Well done!

    Good of you to stock up on the frozen veggies, too - now, if the weather turns bad, again, you have stuff in the freezer to use. :)

    Hope you have a fun and crafty weekend ahead! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been shopping in the past when the freezers were not very well stocked with the frozen vegetables that I need to buy. I have often bought every bag of broccoli and cauliflower that was on offer. If I am ever in that store, I will go by the freezers and pick up a few bags whether I need them or not. I don't want to run out.

    Thank you for telling me about your experiences embroidering satin. That will give me renewed confidence. I still have not decided what I will do with them.

    I'm guessing that I should indeed start working on my scrap book. I have no excuse now for putting it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of really good buys there!
    I keep an incredible amount of frozen veggies also. I eat them every day and like you I don't want to run out of them.
    I need to get started on my Valentine's cards and get the ones that had to travel farthest done and in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dinner (and lunch) menu ideas are based mostly on vegetables, especially this time of year when fresh produce can get quite expensive. I bought 5 heads of cauliflower last weekend when I found them for the incredible price of $1.99 a head. Since "ricing" them, I have enjoyed them twice this past week in meals. They were such a treat.

    ReplyDelete