Thursday, February 28, 2019

End of Month Goals

My goals for February were as follows:
  • Print out and follow my new February budget.  Done. This was a very tight month financially, so I had to be very careful. I ended up having to borrow money from savings, but have since paid it back. I also paid for a small gift card and paid for a birthday lunch. 
  • Put away my seasonal dishes and exchange them for my everyday dishes by end of the month. Done
  • Keep printing out the 10 minute decluttering tasks from Organizing Moms and try to incorporate as many as possible into my housekeeping schedule. This was a total fail. I have stopped printing them out to save on paper. If I want to resume sometime later, I will just bookmark the site and write in my journal. 
  • Go through all my books and novels and purge as many as I can  NO
  • Find more papers from my binders and filing box to shred          Ongoing
  • Make another 25 cards this month     I don't think so. I made a lot of different cards, but I did not keep track. It is that accountability thing again. I need to become more disciplined.
  • Put together one scrap book     NO
  • Produce one homemade gift     NO, but working on it.
  • Replace the flapper in my master bathroom toilet      Done. Yay for me.
  • I discovered two slow plumbing leaks this past month. Try to fix the problem by tightening the fittings, before I need to call in a plumber. I did tighten the fittings and slowed down the leaks, but need to do more. I am afraid of breaking something.
  • Buy some Spackle to repair some drywall areas in the house. Use a $50 gift card to buy required materials for this month's repairs.    DONE.  I bought it. I didn't say I was going to use it this month.
  • Continue to send out at least 3 cards a week to keep in touch with family and friends. I think I have done pretty well so far but  I missed the week before my birthday. That may have been the week of many snowstorms, but I did mail out the valentines and birthday cards on time. 
So I did manage to complete some of my goals. The ones marked in green were done in the first week, while I was still very gung-ho on getting things done. My resolve slipped away as quickly as the rest of the month. I am just not in the mood for scrap booking or purging, and I know I will be so disappointed when spring arrives and I didn't do anything about it. I might as well not beat myself up about it. I want the book to be done well and not slapped together. I did manage to put together 14 pages so far. March could well be the month where I excel. Fingers crossed. 

4 comments:

  1. Well done on making and following the budget! Even if you had to borrow from savings, you paid it back!

    I'd change the scrapbooking to "on-going" as you have put together 14 pages, so far. I think you did quite well on your list of goals - you did as much as you could, under the circumstances, given how you felt, your energy levels, and what else might have been going on in your life. You need to cut yourself some slack!

    I haven't done my balanced life goals analysis, yet, but I know I didn't get to quite a few things like decluttering, myself. But, that's OK. Like you said, March will be the month when we excel! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut myself more than SOME slack. I gave myself yards and yards of it. Ha. You are right though. If I am even a little bit stressed, I am useless. And I have been feeling more than a little. I have high hopes for the coming month.

      Delete
  2. I am with Bless about the scrapbook as an ongoing project.
    I am counting on March to be a stellar month also. Maybe I can get my ox out of the proverbial ditch then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I need to reexamine the way I write up my goals. Instead of "FINISH" a scrapbook, I could say "work on" the scrapbook and try to accomplish X pages or more. At least I identified my lack of accounting and have already started to write in my journal each day. That's a start.

      Delete