Friday, July 24, 2015

Beautiful sunny Friday afternoon


Liatris or Gayfeather

Sea Lavender (Statice)

There was no post yesterday. I did absolutely nothing. Having cleaned and cooked the day before for company, I guess I needed to recuperate. Obviously, cleaning takes too much out of me. Lol. I put two loads of dishes into the dishwasher and looked through my flyers that were dropped off at the end of my driveway. I slept on the sofa for two hours because I couldn't keep my eyes open. We warmed up leftovers from the night before, and called it dinner. Some days are like that. You can fight the fatigue or feel guilty about being lazy, or you can say "I am taking the day off."

General Mills Friday Freebie

This morning we drove into Kingston for the Costco pickup and then we went to Walmart again on the way home. My granddaughter is having her 6th birthday party this Sunday. I wanted to try Walmart first to see if they had any of the toys or activities from her Wish List. Since I was there, I picked up my Friday Freebie which was this Special Edition 480 gm box of Oatmeal Crisp with dark chocolate cranberry. TOTALLY FREE. I also picked up 12 cans of Campbells soups (6 of tomato and 6 of Cream of Mushroom) which I price matched with Loblaws  (47 cents a tin.) They are handy to have as a base for casseroles.  Black Diamond cheese slices were $1.97 for 24 slices, so I bought 2 pkgs. and used a Buy 2, get $1.50 off, making each 24 slice pkg. only $1.22 each. That was it for groceries this week-end. 

Ever After High birthday presents...water colour tote with 12 posters and paint set, make your own Wish bracelets (12), and a Kitty Cheshire doll.

It turned out that Walmart did not have what I wanted for toys, so closer to home we stopped at Toys R Us and I picked up these 3 items that were on the Wishlist. I went a little over the $50 gift limit, but I will make it up from another area of the budget. It turns out that the paint set and bracelet kit were both on sale, so I got an "extra" gift than I would have.  Apparently, these are HOT IN DEMAND items. I was lucky to find any of them reduced in price. I can't believe the prices on toys. 

So for the rest of the afternoon, I am hoping to make two batches of cookies....one for the dog, and one for us humans. Tomorrow is another fine day, so I will catch up on laundry and hang it outside. I also hope to spend some time weeding and cutting the lawns again. Sunday we will leave early for Bradford and the birthday party. It is hopefully only 3 1/2 hours away if the traffic isn't bad. Hope you have a great week-end too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment