Thursday, July 16, 2015

Lazy Thursday afternoon



Green bean plants

I only have flowers now on my bean plants because I got the garden in late again this summer. But I think that is okay because when my granddaughters arrive early in August, there may be some beans for them to pick. I think they would love to go out to the garden and pick some vegetables for dinner (after an afternoon of crafting and card-making). 
Burgundy bean plants

I've never planted these beans before. I bought them because I couldn't find any yellow wax beans. I love the colour of the flowers. I wonder if that is why they are called burgundy beans? 
I went out this morning with the intention of weeding the veggies again, when I noticed that it felt much warmer and there was no breeze like there was yesterday. But I worked out there until the sun felt too hot on my back to keep going....that and my stomach was rumbling like it was hungry. When I came in, I discovered I had again been outdoors for over three hours....and I am still not finished. Time flies when you are having fun. 

Pink Phlox

I warmed some chicken soup and had a toasted cheese sandwich. Now that my tummy is full, I am feeling very tired. I think I might have a  "wee lie-down" this afternoon, so that I can mow the front and back lawns before dinner. I don't have to worry about supper tonight, as we are having left-overs. I just now emptied the dishwasher from last night, and I have started filling it up again. My grocery flyers have not been delivered into the driveway yet, so I can't check out the specials just yet. Nothing to do but have a snooze. 

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I love the color of those Burgundy bean flowers too! I would imagine that your granddaughters will have a lot of fun looking for beans to pick. I loved looking for mine this past Spring, it felt like a little Easter egg hunt every morning :)

    I hope you got some rest! I don't know where you get all this energy from... I did my shopping and I was exhausted for the rest of the day! Well, off to do the dinner dishes... (after I finish catching up on the blogs, of course!)

    ReplyDelete