Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Take a look at my veggie garden

A row of corn with 2 rows of beans

The weather today was perfect. I'm not lazy after all. I just don't like the heat and humidity. My garden is full of disgusting weeds, so you are only going to see what I am allowing you to see. I did some weeding and thinning today for three hours, just so I could show you  these photos. I would be embarrassed if you were just to show up on my doorstep and ask to see my veggie garden. It is still overrun; but I figure by this weekend, it should be better under control. 

A cucumber the size of my finger. How exciting. 

Two rows of carrots were thinned and weeded. Beyond them are my turnips.

Oh look. The beginning of a tiny broccoli head.

So I worked outside until noon. At that point I came in to shower and eat my lunch. I made a call to my daughter and two grandkids because I missed their call this morning. While I was in Kingston this afternoon to see my doctor, my husband ran some banking errands and picked up a rotor and two brake pads for the Jeep. Now he has gone to a mechanic friend's house to use his hoist and tools to change the brakes. I was going to go outside to do some more damage, but by the time I baked another strawberry rhubarb crumble and made mince and gravy over boiled potatoes for supper, I decided I have done enough. So I will sleep well tonight and start over again tomorrow morning. 



1 comment:

  1. Sigh. I am so envious. Of your garden and of your energy! You weeded for 3 hours in the heat and the humidity?! Lady, I did 45 minutes of weeding yesterday and I thought I would die, lol. I envy your lovely carrot rows (carrots don't seem to want to grow for me) and your cucumber (same)! My turnips only produced greens this Spring, no turnips whatoever. Oh well. Get some rest!

    ReplyDelete