Wednesday, July 22, 2015

I have a few lilies too

I only grow Day lilies. Every Oriental lily I have ever planted, although gorgeous, has been destroyed by a red beetle. I don't know the name of these little critters, but they absolutely destroyed the lilies. And I had several different kinds. So now I stick with these hardy little souls. They are quite lovely too. 





This is going to be a very short post today. I had to do "housework" today...not my favourite thing in the world. I dusted, vacuumed, polished, and cleaned. (shudder) It isn't a great job, but it is good enough. I have invited my son's girl friend and her mother to dinner. Her mother lives in California and has been staying at her daughter's apartment alone this week, as her daughter still has to work. I have a roast beef in the crockpot and roast potatoes in the oven, seasoned with my home-made Rajin' Cajun spice mix. The salad is a mix of romaine, spinach and red leaf lettuces all from our veggie garden. I also have cucumber, radishes, and green onions from the garden. The only ingredient I bought for the salad were tomatoes. I only have one cherry tomato that is ripe. Our carrots, beans and broccoli are not ready yet ( I think we may have broccoli by the week-end and green beans next week), so I peeled and boiled carrots for our side. I made an apple, strawberry, rhubarb crumble for dessert. Just waiting for my guests to show up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment