Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday Freebies



Treats for my company coming?

I am beside myself with excitement. I was able to score 3 items for absolutely FREE today during my grocery shop. My coupon Friday Freebie was the Fibre One Crumble Bars. I have been getting these coupons in the mail for four weeks for NEW products from various food manufacturers to try their products. They are only good for one day and  next Friday I will pick up my fourth and last free product. While I was shopping, I was approached by a marketer looking to give me yet another credit card. Just for applying I got a coupon for the President's Choice chocolate chip cookies. If the Mastercard gives me PC points for shopping at No Frills (my favourite grocery store), I may use it for groceries. If not, I will destroy it. I don't need  another  credit card, thank you.  


An unadvertised special

I went to Freshco for a couple of things, instead of price-matching with No Frills. I am so glad that I did. Black Diamond cheese was on sale again and I had another coupon for $1 off the price of any BD cheese product. Twenty four cheese slices were on sale for $1.97, less $1, making it a DEAL at only 97 cents. The 8 Kg bag of Pedigree was on sale for $15.99 making it the cheapest price in town. But when I went to grab one, there was a sign for an unadvertised special. Buy the 14 Kg bag for $27.99, and get the 8 Kg bag for free. Score. 
 I wasn't going to buy any meat...........just the texturized vegetable protein. However, eye of round beef was $2 a pound at No Frills and chicken breasts were only $2.88 /lb. at Freshco.  Even if the eye of round is shoe leather, I will cut it up for the slow cooker and make beef stew. I bought the loss leaders at Freshco and bought the rest of the items on my grocery list from No Frills. My plan is to make ahead some freezer meals this weekend.
Broccoli, 2 cucumbers, and more beans (green and burgundy) 

I cut the back lawn this afternoon and went out to the veggie garden to harvest a few things. I gave my son a cucumber and some beans to take for his dinner tonight. He  left to go over to his GF's apartment and I think it is his turn to cook dinner tonight. 

And speaking of cooking dinner tonight, my husband has just come in from taking our son into town. He took coupons with him that we printed out yesterday for Arby's. So make that 5 freebies today. He just brought home 2 beef and cheddar Classic sandwiches for our dinner tonight.....absolutely FREE. We signed up for email alerts from Arby's and this is what they sent us...offer good for just one week. So now you can understand my excitement. (eh Nathalie?) Have a great week-end everyone. 


1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, yes, yes! I'm so excited for you! LOL. Great job on the grocery shopping, you got some great deals :) Don't forget to cancel the credit card account, not just destroy the card, if you decide not to keep it!

    ReplyDelete