Monday, March 4, 2019

My Mile Long To-Do List for March

Looking over my goals for 2019, I realise that I must continue to write out my weekly goals to keep in line with my monthly goals. Because I have not been writing down "take an hour this week to enjoy some self care", I have been neglecting my moisturising regime again.  I have been trusting my journal writing as a habit, when it clearly has not become a habit yet. I have placed a huge burden on myself by listing my goals as "Finish a project", instead of  "work on a project". So here is what I hope to accomplish this month.


House:

  • Use my Home Depot gift card to buy some cheap pine lumber to trim out walls, doors or windows.     Done
  • Paint those pieces of trim with white primer     Done
  • Buy more caulking or wood filler as needed. Use gyproc compound where needed. 
  • If I can get into the shed by the end of the month, look for mitre box and saw.
  • Purge 30 items. That is only one a day.     Didn't even begin

Garden:

  • Buy potting soil     Done
  • Repot my aloe plants     Done
  • Try starting  plants from seed     No

Spending:

  • Print out and follow my budget sheet for March     Done
  • I have removed $360 cash from the bank for household expenses and gas.  Keep track of all expenditures in my daily journal.     Done
  • Get my taxes done.      No

Savings:

  • Put money into savings account and gift accounts     Done
  • I won $28 in scratch tickets for my birthday, which I have put into my piggy bank of "found money".     Done
  •  I was asked to make feminine birthday cards for my niece for which she is paying me.     Done 

Family and Friends:

  • Continue to send out at least 3 "Thinking of You" cards a week to friends or family members 
  • Send out birthday cards in a timely fashion     I didn't quite keep up. One birthday card was mailed out late. However, I did send out lots of kid's cards. 

Health:

  • Keep the appointment with my psychiatrist this week     Done
  • Get blood work done at the end of this month and then make appointment with my GP early in April     Haven't done this yet but will when I return.
  • Spend one hour each week on self care and moisturise every night    No
  • Lipstick every day and makeup before leaving the house    No   A dismal failure.

Crafts and Leisure:

  • Make at least 25 cards this month   Yes, yes, yes.
  • Make a baby card and birthday cards for my niece     Not yet.
  • Work on the scrapbook....at least another 14 pages     No..a big fat zero
  • Work on the embroidered pillow cases     Finished one and still working on second
  • Work on Easter or Springtime cards for the middle of next month     Done
  • Start a macrame project for an upcoming gift     No






2 comments:

  1. You have a great list. I still giggle at the makeup and lipstick on your to do list. I have been trying (and succeeding most days) to wear minimal makeup daily. We did have a big event this weekend and I wore full makeup. There is no way I would ever spend that much time on me daily!
    Have a great and productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anne. I really and truly don't know how to write out goals very well. They are mostly "pie in the sky" wishes that I hope will happen to me. No work required. But I am trying to use a strategy. I dithered away some time a few weeks ago on a website that promised to make me productive IF I purchased their on-line course. That wasn't going to happen. But I did learn something from the preamble, and that was to identify the "next step" before getting things done. And that has been a bit helpful to explain why some things are harder to start. I have used some of knowledge for this month's goals. PS. You have already reminded me that I haven't put on lipstick yet.

    ReplyDelete