Monday, March 11, 2019

Daybook: Monday, March 11/19

Outside my window.....it is overcast, but milder. It is presently 2 * C, which is the high for today.

I am thinking.....about working on some birthday cards this week for my niece.

I am thankful for.....opportunities to sell my homemade cards

From the kitchen.....I baked a keto loaf on Saturday that has lasted more than 2 days *laugh*, and I have made a batch of yoghurt this morning. I could have made it last night and "cooked" it overnight, but there IS some work involved and I was tired last night. I need to heat the milk by stirring constantly and keeping tabs on the temperature. When it reaches 180*-185*, I take it off the stove and place in a sink of cold water.  Stirring constantly I have to bring the temperature back down to 110*, but not lower.  It is work, but worth it for taste and cost.

I am wearing.....black denim jeans, a pink button down shirt, an ivory cardigan and black fuzzy socks. My hair is tied back into a pony tail.

I am creating.....more cards. On the weekend I made two more kids' cards and coloured some stamped images with my alcohol markers.

I am going.....to the post office later. I need to drive into town to  buy some frozen fruit and eggs, but I don't know if that will be today or not.

I am hoping.....for some sunny days soon, to improve my mood.

I am hearing.....tires on wet pavement and the blower on my furnace.

Around the house.....my wooden dining table is already cluttered with card making supplies, but my floors are clean.

One of my favourite things.....is the ability to ask Alexa to play music from some of my favourite artists. Yesterday I listened to Gordon Lightfoot and Evanescence....music to craft by.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....well, I don't have any other than my goals.

Goals this week......from my mile long to-do list for March


  • Mail out 3 "Thinking of You" cards
  • Mail out 3 kids' cards
  • Gather tax papers together
  • Buy a bag of potting soil this week, as it is on sale at Home Hardware
  • Repot some of my aloe plants
  • Make a baby card
  • Start making feminine birthday cards for my niece
  • Purge 15 items this week
Here is the photo I am sharing.....

For one of my grand daughters. The other slip has the word awesome.




2 comments:

  1. Susan, that pillowcase is beautiful! That's a very sweet design and you did great with the embroidery! Yes, yogurt making is work, although I am not quite as exact as you when I make it, but, as you say, it's worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bless. It means a lot coming from you, because I have seen some of your embroidery and it is magnificent. I found it was a little more difficult to embroider on satin, but I think it turned out okay. Purple is her favourite colour, and the little purple flowers with yellow centres remind me of little violets. My grand daughter will have a choice of waking up feeling amazing or awesome. *laugh*

    ReplyDelete