Friday, March 22, 2019

Leaving Town This Weekend

Yesterday morning I gathered the trash baskets from throughout the house and put them outside in the garbage bin. There wasn't enough to put out for collection, so I just put out the gray recycle bin for paper and cardboard. I put away the primed 1x2s and 1x3s and brought out the three 1x4s for two coats of primer. Between coats, I baked a loaf of keto bread. Afterwards, I put away all the primed pieces of lumber and cleaned up afterwards. I did manage to get some paint spatters on my chairs, but they were easily removed.

Today I wrote out two "Thinking of You" cards and walked them over to the post office. For the rest of the afternoon I played with my Cricut machine and made some die cut backgrounds for future cards. I am so unmotivated to do any cleaning.  However, I watched some tutorials on YouTube for putting together scrap book pages. In the back of my mind, I really do want to work on the scrap book I started, but I am hoping to learn through osmosis. Ha. Maybe at least I can be inspired by other peoples' enthusiasm.

In the meantime, my daughter has asked me to come this week to Bradford. I'm sure I will be able to help her out, especially since I am useless here at my own house. Another pair of hands to share the work is always helpful. I haven't seen my grand kids since before Christmas, so I am very anxious to be there. I don't know how long I will be needed, but my schedule is fluid. I will be taking my laptop and my tablet, so there shouldn't be an excuse not to keep up with my blog.

Here is the menu plan for the past week: (from Friday to last night)

  • shredded sauteed cabbage with pieces of smoked sausage
  • porkchops, cheesy veggie casserole and leftover sauteed cabbage
  • creamed spinach over turkey slices, with leftover cheesy veggies
  • turkey slices with creamed spinach and a side of roasted veggies
  • chili with avocado slices and a side of broccoli
  • leftover chili with sliced avocados
  • veggies in a cream cheese sauce baked with farmers sausage on top



2 comments:

  1. Susan, I am so glad you are able to visit your daughter. I know your being there will be a big help to her and, to you, too. Just being there and able to spend time with the grand kids will help. Safe travels and enjoy your visit. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left home much earlier than I expected. When I phoned my son to see if he would drive me here to Bradford, he said "yes, we can leave tomorrow morning at ten". So we did. I went into the Bulk Barn at 9:00AM opening, picked up a prescription at my pharmacy, went to my bank and still made it home in time for 10AM. I brought some groceries from here so I would be prepared to cook for myself as well as any meals I might make for the family. I have been walking my grandson to school, and while the family is away, I have been pottering around the house keeping busy and trying to help out. When the grandchildren are home, my time belongs to them. So, I have been quite busy.

    ReplyDelete