Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Wednesday's Doctor's Appointment

This morning when I showered, I washed my hair. I don't wash it every day because it is long and takes forever to dry. In trying to meet my goals, I also put on all-day lipstick and mascara because I knew I would be going out today. I also taped up my thumb because the nail has finally fallen off from back in December when I smashed it in the car door. It looks so-o-o much worse now. It was better looking when it was pure black. Before I came downstairs I gave all my potted geraniums in the loft a really good soaking.

I cleaned off my dining room table (which is really my craft table), took it down and carried it into my craft room where I set it up again. I am hoping to use it this week to do some scrap booking. Back in the dining room, I pulled my small wooden table out from the wall and set it up where the table should be with four chairs around it. When I needed to seat more people for dinner at Christmas, I made the switch and never got around to changing it until today. If I want to make some cards, this surface is big enough. Yesterday I got started on my Easter cards and finished eight.



 I wrapped up the two white t-shirts I bought for my two grand kids in Bradford in one envelope and left for Kingston a little early for my appointment. I wanted to stop at the post office to pick up the mail and send off the package, go to my bank and spend the remaining $8 left on the gift card for Giant Tiger. It seemed to be burning a hole in my wallet. But when I was told it was going to cost over $14 to mail the package (I only spent $10 on both shirts), I brought them back home with me. The post master told me to mail them in separate envelopes (as oversized letters) and it would cost much less. So I will be re-wrapping them tomorrow. So glad he was on my side.

I was still early for my appointment in Kingston, so I visited the Giant Tiger downtown. I picked up a dinner ham for half the price and 3 cartons of cream for only 75 cents each. I also picked up 3 packets of garden seeds for 99 cents. After using up the $8 remaining on the card, I paid only $1.30 oop.
On the way home tonight, I stopped at Canadian Tire to spend another $25 gift card to put gas in my van. I am loving these gift cards.

I did some more shredding this afternoon and filled two grocery bags with shredded paper for my garden this spring. I have taken one garbage bag to the curb as well as the gray box for recycling. Tonight's dinner is warmed over leftovers from last night....meatloaf and cheesy veggie casserole.

2 comments:

  1. Lipstick AND mascara! I'll wear lipstick if I go out, but not mascara. I bet you looked beautiful! Ouch on the finger nail! I hope it grows back, soon!

    I hope the doctor's appointment went well and all is as it should be. You did a lot today, with the clearing and switching out the tables and the shopping. I love all the gift cards you received for places you go to and for items you need, anyway.

    Cute Easter cards! I like the one with the chick in the egg shell, the best. I, too, shredded some paper today (well, tore them by hand as I don't have a shredder, other than Dancer!); I should do as you and put them as mulch in my garden, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big girl now too! I saw the follower's bar on your latest post and knew right away that I didn't have that. Lots of people have told me that they no longer get notifications to my posts. They have to bookmark my site and go in each day to see if I have posted anything. The "follow me by email" button doesn't work for them. Let's see if this will help.

    Actually, now that the thumbnail is gone, it feels so much better. It just looks terrible. Also I am discovering how much I need a nail, even a dead one. Some things are really difficult to do. Ha,ha. Doing up buttons is really comical.

    ReplyDelete