Monday, March 4, 2019

Daybook: Monday, March 4/19

Outside my window.....it is clear and sunny, but cold.

I am thinking.....of the great weekend I just had. There was the fantastic visit with my niece and her husband who drove out to my place from Merrickville to pick up the cradle my husband had made for our youngest child. The cradle has been used by several of our family members, including my niece who now wants it for her own baby. We had the most wonderful visit, and she wants to buy some of my homemade birthday cards. I also had my birthday luncheon at a beautiful restaurant in Napanee with my girl friends (from the same group of friends who celebrate a whole weekend away every year) We always have a great time together and this was no exception. I walked away with lots of cards, scratch tickets, birthday wishes and a paid for lunch. My scratch tickets yielded me $28 in total.

I am thankful for.....all the phone calls from family and friends yesterday. My dad was in hospital for 3 days last week for some tests, but he was home for the weekend and he is fine.

From the kitchen.....I shredded and sauteed a large head of cabbage yesterday while baking a loaf of keto bread in the oven. I also made a  batch of cream cheese sauce to make creamed spinach with dinner last night.

I am wearing.....blue jeans, my black and turquoise checked shirt, gray socks and red knit slippers. Yes, I am a fashion model.

I am creating.....lots of different projects. I have my scrap book and my embroidered pillow cases started, but not finished. Yesterday I used my Cricut to cut out some Easter die cuts, so they will be ready for when I start making my Easter cards. I have also continued making kids' cards because I am sending more out to my grand kids lately.

I am going.....nowhere else today. I was out to the post office, Michael's, Home Depot, No Frills grocery and Shopper's Drug Mart just today. My shopping trips Saturday and today will  have to take up tomorrow's post.

I am hoping.....I am able to accomplish many items from my mile long to-do list for March.

I am hearing.....the sound of traffic outside my living room window and my fridge is running.

Around the house.....my second load of laundry from the weekend is dried and waiting to be folded and put away. I put away the first load yesterday. I collected all the upstairs trash and brought it down to put outside in the garbage can. I still need to pick up the newspaper flyers stacked up in the living room and put out into the gray box for collection this week. My craft table is piled high with both scrap booking materials and card making supplies. I wish I could just pick one and go with it.

One of my favourite things.....is my new laptop. Yes, you heard right. My Dad and "Dee" bought me a laptop for my birthday. Am I spoiled or what? My desktop computer has been slowly dying. It is still a Windows 7 Vista XP (Does that sound correct?) Anyways, as soon as this arrived, right on cue, I was no longer able to read my email on the old system. It arrived just in the nick of time, although I can still read my mail on the tablet. I have never owned a laptop before, so it takes some getting used to. I like that it is portable, but I will probably set it up semi permanently at my computer desk out of habit. And because it will be close to my filing and binders and my journal, etc.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include a psychiatrist's appointment this Wednesday. Because of the shopping I did today,  I will probably not need to go out this week for groceries.

Goals for this week:
Mail out three "Thinking of You" cards
Mail package of new white t-shirts to my two grands in Bradford so they can tie-dye them next week while on their March Break
Work on my son's scrapbook
Work on the embroidered pillow cases some more....maybe finish one this week.
Make another batch of yoghurt
Put away the dried laundry hanging in the loft
Make at least 6 cards this week.

Here's the picture I am sharing this week.....
The view out my back door....just to show you that we still have winter. All those tracks in the snow are from bunny rabbits. I have two that come out every night around dusk to prune back any vegetation that shows above the snowline. I have been leaving out the cabbage cores from all the shredding I have done over the winter.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my, yes! It's still winter where you are! Look at all that snow!

    I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend, Susan, and that your dad is home from hospital. That is a lovely birthday gift you received and it certainly sounds like it arrived just in time! That cradle your husband made sounds like it has become a family heirloom! I saved the bassinet cover and skirt my mother made for my daughter, to be reused, hopefully, some day. :)

    It sounds like you had a very busy and productive weekend, too, with shopping and cooking and laundry, etc.!

    I hope you have a wonderful week ahead. Looking forward to seeing what you bought! (Yes, I'm nosy, aren't I?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the cradle has held many babies and my hope is that it will stay in the family.My oldest son and my daughter had their babies in British Columbia, so neither were able to use the cradle. Perhaps my middle son will have the opportunity one day? Many nephews and nieces have used it though.

      I will post later on with a list of purchases, everything from panties to lumber. Ha.

      Delete
  2. You have no idea how pictures of snow delight those of us who rarely get to see it in person. Instead of snow like the rest of the states we have been deluged with rain.
    Glad you had a great trip and what a fantastic (and timely) birthday gift

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy it brings you delight. It is very beautiful at times, but around this time of year and into April, it becomes less delightful to the rest of us. My poor family who lives in Northern Ontario have had a record amount of snow this winter. While I have complained of shovelling snow a couple of times from my driveway, they have to shovel that stuff off of their roofs. Some places of business have had to shut their doors until they can have the snow removed from the roof. It poses a danger to the public. The roof over the Civic Centre has already come down. There is nowhere else they can pile up that stuff. My sister has had to have her car pulled out twice because it was frozen into the banks. My little bit of snow in the backyard is a joke to them.

    ReplyDelete