Monday, March 18, 2019

Daybook: Monday, March 18/19

Outside my window.....we have experienced sunshine and we've had snow flurries (heavy at times) all within the same day. It must be spring.

I am thinking.....how tired I'm feeling now at 5 o'clock. I'm just sitting down now at the end of the day to post my blog.

I am thankful for.....longer hours of daylight these days. We are almost at the Equinox.

From the kitchen.....I started my day by straining the turkey stock from the crock pot and I removed all the meat from the carcass to add to the soup I plan to make tomorrow. I hand washed the oven roaster and lid that I roasted the turkey in, the crock pot I made the stock in overnight, and the lid to my yoghurt maker.  I also washed my four Cricut mats to prepare them for more die cuts in the future.

I am wearing.....blue jeans, gray socks,and  gray sweater with flutter sleeves

I am creating.....more cards. On the weekend I made 6 more kids cards and one thank you card.

I am going.....nowhere today, except for a walk to the post office to mail 3 cards and to pick up mail

I am hoping.....to get some emails written tomorrow. I am behind in responding to some I have received recently.

I am hearing.....a lot of traffic right now from people returning home from work

Around the house.....there is always spring cleaning to be done but I don't seem to have either the energy or the motivation to get started on it. I'm afraid we will need to get some more sunshine and warmer temperatures to kick start this operation.

One of my favourite things.....is my working dishwasher. I always appreciate it more after I have had to do up a load of hand washing.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include cleaning up my Craft room.

Goals for this week:


  • respond to overdue emails
  • give my bathtub and enclosure another good scrub
  • vacuum the upstairs and the staircase
  • do some tidying up and cleaning in my craft room
  • mail at least 2 more "Thinking of You" cards
  • try to get one spa hour in this week
  • moisturise every night, lipstick every day
  • keep journaling every day



4 comments:

  1. Sunshine and snow flurries! I guess the weather doesn't know if it wants to be spring or remain winter! You had a busy day with broth making and washing dishes, etc. I think you should wait until spring actually arrives to start on spring cleaning! Sometime around May should be good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing right now, but you are probably correct. My first reaction was, "not May. That's when I need to be outdoors in my garden." But I am afraid this winter wants to hold on as long as possible. I guess I will recognise it when I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow flurries and sunshine sounds like the name of a late 60's bubblegum band!
    Spring is here but March is being the creep she always is. The temps are unpredictable and I have no idea how to dress for each day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha,ha. Yes, it sounds very hippy dippy, doesn't it? We are still in our winter jackets for a while, but it is going to warm up this week to a whopping 9*C or 48*F by this Sunday. WooHoo. I will have to drag out my swimsuit before you know it.

    ReplyDelete