Sunday, March 17, 2019

Roast Turkey on Sunday

It has been a busy Sunday for me. I slept in until 8:30 this morning, which has put me feeling behind for most of the day. After face messaging with family members, I made a batch of yoghurt and I put the turkey in the oven before I even made my two egg omelette with ham, spinach and mushrooms. I worked on making cards for a while and then I proceeded to cut the pork loin into 2 small roasts, 4 packages of chops and a container of pork chunks to use in a stir fry or pork fried rice later on. I made 3 freezer bags with 3 sausages in each. By that time, my turkey was done. I didn't take into consideration that it would cook faster without the stuffing, so I was surprised how little time it took. I took all the meat off the bones and bagged it. I split the carcass and drippings into 3 sections. One is in the crock pot now turning into broth, while the other two are in the freezer with three very full  quart freezer bags of meat. I kept the fourth bag out for this week. Finally, I put away the two loads of laundry I did yesterday. I was on my feet a lot today, so I am feeling beat.
Here are two cards I made for my 7 year old grand son. He likes receiving fan mail.

Let's look at this week's goals and see how I did.
  • Mail out 3 "Thinking of You" cards     No. I'm surprised by this, because I was making cards most every day this week. I did send out a birthday card, but even that was late. 
  • Mail out 3 kids' cards     Done
  • Gather tax papers together     Kind of. I put them all together as they arrive throughout the year. My brother has offered to do them for me, and I have no plans to go anytime soon. 
  • Buy a bag of potting soil this week, as it is on sale at Home Hardware     Done
  • Repot some of my aloe plants     Done
  • Make a baby card     Not yet. I think I will wait until after the baby is born, so I know the sex.
  • Start making feminine birthday cards for my niece     Done
  • Purge 15 items this week     No, but the day isn't over yet. 
I may not have accomplished all that was on my to-do list, but I do feel that the week went very well. I was busy and productive and that is what counts the most for me. I was able to stay out of trouble. And how was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. I think you did very well on this week's goals! Cute cards! I laughed to myself when I read how "sleeping in" till 8:30 a.m. had you feeling behind for the rest of your day! Now, imagine 3 more hours of sleep and waking up at 11:30 a.m.! Not much day left, is there? Yes, I know, go to bed earlier, Bless, and wake up earlier! Well done on cooking the turkey and portioning out everything!

    I've had a good weekend. I have a doctor's appointment, tomorrow, so, not sure what else I'll be able to accomplish. Hope you have a good start to your week, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our daily routines are what works for us. My energy is usually at the beginning of the day and slowly peters out towards the afternoon. You seem to carry the workload fairly consistently throughout the day and into the evening. I am done by dinner time and then I want to veg in front of Netflix for the rest of the evening, while you are still going like the Energiser bunny. Yes, I feel upset with myself when I sleep in. I think about the hour and a half of beautiful sunshine that I have missed. Ha. Wishing you a great week as well.

    ReplyDelete