Tuesday, August 28, 2018

A Little Break in the Weather

When I last looked at the weather forecast, I was sure it was calling for either rain or overcast skies for the rest of this week. Last night it just poured down rain and I fell asleep to thunder storms rolling through our area. So when I talked to "Dee" on Facebook Messenger while drinking my coffee this morning and it was sunny skies, I told her of my plans to pick up all the rest of the brush and branches from the tree and shrubs that were pruned back hard this past weekend. Before the conversation was over, the skies became overcast and the wind was picking up. Before even making breakfast, I decided to get outside and get that job done. The last thing I needed was more rain preventing me from picking up (or dragging) all those branches off the lawn. I need that back yard cleaned up so I can mow the lawn again once it has a chance to dry out. I worked for two solid hours. I even pruned back some more branches and took them back to my compost pile. I cannot get any more into the utility trailer. Well, the rain never came and the wind has been doing a good job of drying things out, so maybe tomorrow I will be able to cut more grass. Right now, in the late afternoon, it is actually more sunny than overcast.

I ate my two-egg omelet breakfast at noon. I am going out for a birthday dinner tonight for one of my friends for 5:30, so I didn't have lunch. After showering, and changing my clothes, I made my friend's birthday card, a "Going back to school" card,  and  some blank cards for another friend who commissioned them for tonight. I also got all of the laundry from the weekend folded and put away. These were jobs that I had planned on doing yesterday but didn't feel up to because I obviously am not used to the hard physical labour  of hauling gravel and setting patio stones into place.
The rain has been good for my planters. My geraniums and petunias are coming back into bloom after I thought I'd lost them during my 3 weeks away this summer.

2 comments:

  1. You packed another full day into your morning! Then you did more in the afternoon, and a fun evening planned, as well! How nice to see the planters picking up and flowering again!

    Hope you have a lovely evening out with your friends, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very lovely evening out. Today got quite warm and muggy, but this evening cooled down some and was very comfortable. I chose a Caesar salad (hold the croutons) with blackened chicken and a Diet Pepsi. it was really, really delicious and very filling.

    I am home already, at 7:20, and ready to watch some movies on Netflix. I may write a note inside my grand daughter's card tonight so I can pop it in the mail on my way into the Labs tomorrow for blood work.

    ReplyDelete