Monday, August 27, 2018

Daybook: Monday, August 27/18

Outside my window.....it is overcast. My front lawn is cut but desperately needs a trim around the edges.

I am thinking.....it might rain later on this afternoon but I was out doors working this morning already.

I am thankful for.....all the help I have received this past weekend.

From the kitchen.....I have lots of leftovers to eat up over the next couple of days. Tonight I will warm up some veggies with Italian sausage  and tomorrow night I will finish some more veggies and chicken thighs that I roasted yesterday for my son and DIL. I still have some more chicken veggie soup to use up for lunches.

I am wearing.....the same working clothes I had on yesterday when I moved furniture and cleaned house. They are tan capris and a white garden themed T-shirt.

I am creating.....another birthday card, a "back to School" card for my youngest grand daughter, and a set of thank you and all occasion cards for a friend. She has commissioned me.

I am going.....probably nowhere today. I may or may not have a wee lie down as I am feeling really tired after working outside this morning.

I am hoping.....that the weather remains fair this week as I have lots of out-door projects to clean up and lots of weeding and transplanting I want to get started on.

I am hearing.....the sound of my fan blowing across me as I sit at the computer. I also can hear the sound of crickets outside over all the other noise of traffic. It is that time of year for crickets.

Around the house.....I got a lot accomplished inside yesterday. I did a lot of packing and organizing of stuff to clear the main living areas and move it into one half of my crafting room, where I am setting up an area to collect "future" yard sale items.  I moved some furniture out of the living room and set it up in the computer room. I will probably sell this stuff on Kijiji eventually. My living room is looking very spacious right now. My son set up my television yesterday with the Amazon Fire Stick so I can now watch Netflix, You Tube and Amazon Prime. He also moved two bench seats back into the van, so my computer room is also looking spacious, even though I have since moved more furniture in there. The bench seats were removed from the van so that he could move out his grow cabinet from the craft room and into HIS place. Yay!

One of my favourite things.....has been the new alcohol markers I bought a couple of weeks ago. I have been colouring some of my stamped images and practicing my shading and highlighting so I can have some images set aside to make cards in the future.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include dinner out tomorrow night with the girls to celebrate a birthday. I also need to have some lab work done early this week for a doctor's appointment next week.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....

This morning I put down another length of landscape fabric and several wheel barrow loads of gravel to fill the framed timbers before laying down four 18" square patio stones to fill in the walkway and steps leading from the sidewalk to my front door stoop. I still need to wash the patio tiles, but that will be for another day.



2 comments:

  1. You accomplished a lot this weekend, Susan. Your walkway and steps are looking nice, but a lot of work went into it! Those patio stones are heavy!

    You got a lot done inside as well! I'm glad you are getting things done, but you are making me want a nap on your behalf! I hope you were able to get a nice, refreshing nap and you have fun on your dinner out tomorrow and the lab test results come back with good news.

    Have a lovely week - it sounds like you'll be busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I definitely took a nap. I slept very soundly but didn't really feel refreshed upon waking. I felt I could sleep some more. But I heated up leftovers for dinner (no cooking) and watched two Netflix movies(Fences and Big Eyes) before I went to bed. I slept until nine AM this morning, so I guess I was catching up on sleep.

    ReplyDelete