Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Wet Wednesday

We have pouring down rain this afternoon. We really did need it, so I am glad of it. It has also brought down temperatures a bit. I was out this morning before it started to pull some weeds and do a little pruning in the front. There were so many weeds I really didn't have a plan to start with. I just started pulling as many weeds as I could and hoped that I was making some kind of difference. It is an overwhelming job and like most jobs I have attempted this last couple of weeks, I really didn't finish any of them; but my front flower bed and my driveway are looking a little bit better.  I removed 3 wheelbarrow loads to the back compost heap.

My grass needs mowing. I phoned the small engine repair place I use to see if they were available to look at my push mower today. I planned to push the mower down the sidewalk the few blocks to the garage, but decided to phone ahead to make sure they were there. I didn't want to walk that distance only to find no one available. Good thing I phoned because they have moved. I will need to load the mower in my van and drive it out to the new location. However, I will need someone to help me lift it up into the tailgate....hopefully, soon.

I completed another Pinecone Research survey this week making my total payout worth $20. I transferred that amount to my Amazon account for future purchases. And speaking of Amazon purchases, I received an order this afternoon by Purolator. I broke down and ordered a set of alcohol markers that I have been looking at for several weeks. I cannot afford really good ones like Copic or Spectrum Noir, but these markers are a set of 80 blendable colours that I think will work well in my card making. The first thing I did was to go online and print out a blank template so I could make a colour swatch and write in the name and number for each marker. This should help me immensely in deciding which hues will work together for shading and highlighting.
I mentioned on Monday that I went back to No Frills to pick up $50 more in groceries on Sunday morning using more of my Optimum Points. Here is what I bought.
Dairy $14.51 at No Frills plus $3.98 for the 2 doz. eggs at Shopper's Drug Mart
Frozen produce $21
Fresh produce $13.75  I bought 2 cauliflower, 6 avocados, 2 green and 2 yellow zucchini, 1 red pepper, romaine lettuce and 3 fresh tomatoes.
I paid $6.47 for a bag of Stevia (not shown) making my total $55.73 I used 50,000 points and paid $5.73 OOP.  I have 67, 927 points remaining.

Yesterday I grated both cauliflower and froze one of them. The other I made into fried cauliflower rice with a chicken stir fry served over top.  I still have half of it left for tonight's supper. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how lucky you are to get some rain! Glad it helped to cool the place down, too. Of course, now that it rained, those weeds are probably going to spring up again, too, you know! I should send you my "Garden of Weed'n" sign!

    You did really well at the grocery store! How nice you were able to get $50 worth of groceries for points! That's one way to stretch a grocery budget!

    I should try that cauliflower rice! My doctor would like me to cut down on my carbs.

    Hope you have lots of fun with your new markers! Such beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a sign of my own thank you Bless. Someone else already took care of that for me. I also have a sign that says "I don't remember planting this?" which I like very much.

    This is certainly the season for cauliflower. It is appearing in the grocery stores now for less than $2 a head. I buy a lot of it to use in replacing potatoes and rice. Mashed cauliflower replaces mashed potato. Grated cauliflower (done in the food processor) replaces rice. And curried cauliflower is delish. Grated cauliflower is also a substitute for hashbrowns and pizza crust. It is so versatile in a low carb diet.

    ReplyDelete